Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 18. ive had acne since i was 15 so i visited a derm and have been applying bp and lotsa stuff. before i would have lots of pimples here and there but after using all the topicals for 3 years i found myself 90% clear with just a few scars on my cheeks. so ive decided to stop using these stuff coz i think they made my skin sooo sensitive(and red) and decided to go on holistic regimen and eating all sorts of whole food and taking vitamins etc. but after like 5 months of doing it, its like im back to square one!!! my pimples on my forehead are back and also on my cheeks!! what did i do wrong?!?! do you think i should go back to using bp??help...=(

its pretty obvious what you did wrong, you said it yourself. you decided to stop the stuff that was working, and tried to use some totally new "holistic" regimen that probably doesnt do anything. go back to the old regimen with bp, but dont use mountains of the stuff.... years ago i used to really pile it on, thinking the more i used the better...and my face got all red, but you only need a very thin layer of bp. dont stop using stuff just because it is working!

Yeah, if you do stop using things that work at least wait a few months after your skin is clear, then you'd probably have less chance of it breaking you out so fast or at all.

Well it is good that you tried to go the holistic way but if it doesn't work for you you should go back to BP. That is my opinion.