Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swab

off accutane, how to stay clear

i just recently finished my course of accutane and i really dont want to get acne again, iv been looking for threads on ways and tips to stay clear but i did not find any

how about making a "pinned" thread so when people finish their course of accutane they can find ways to stay clear easily.

im sure everyone would agree on somthing like this, right guys??

Guest Bubbly

Yeah that's a good idea. I've learned not to feel too comfortable once I'm clear from Accutane (because it has already cleared my skin completely 2 times now..... but both times the acne came back!)

Definitely.

Breaking out again. I can't exactly afford to stay on Accutane for the rest of my life. :l

Why not use dan's regimen once you get clear from Accutane...? Seems to work for him?

yeah i would just say use dans regimen, drink tons of water, take vitamins, exercise, and live a healthy lifestyle, avoid things that got you acne in the first place.

yeah im lucky i got some dans reg still laying around from before i started accutane.

should i start applying now or wait until i get some bumps?

I would maintain doing morning/nightly cleansing and continue to moisturise but as far as slathering on BP goes I would wait for some actives. I am sure applying BP day after day after day cannot be too good for your skin. I always had this underlying feeling that using acne products was causing acne. I just kinda figured maybe your skin starts to build up a dependencey on products in order to fight acne. That's my own persoanl feelings though. Ultimatley it's up to you, but that would be my advice.

I would maintain doing morning/nightly cleansing and continue to moisturise but as far as slathering on BP goes I would wait for some actives. I am sure applying BP day after day after day cannot be too good for your skin. I always had this underlying feeling that using acne products was causing acne. I just kinda figured maybe your skin starts to build up a dependencey on products in order to fight acne. That's my own persoanl feelings though. Ultimatley it's up to you, but that would be my advice.

What I did was use Tazorac but I stopped that a few weeks ago. I'm sure Dan Kern's regimen would also be suffice.

But what I'm doing now is basically just eating better and that works for me good enough to stay clear.

thats exactly how i feel too.

when should i stop moisturizing, because i feel later on this can cause some acne from moisturizer clogging pores up

What I did was use Tazorac but I stopped that a few weeks ago. I'm sure Dan Kern's regimen would also be suffice.

But what I'm doing now is basically just eating better and that works for me good enough to stay clear.