Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakky

Mino+tanning=????

I got a prescription today from my doc for mino 100mg once a day....im gonna start tomorrow...can i still go tanning?? or is this a bad idea...

I got a prescription today from my doc for mino 100mg once a day....im gonna start tomorrow...can i still go tanning?? or is this a bad idea...

I had this same question a while ago too only with different meds. I'm taking bactrim pills and nicomide (which is a vitamin) and evolcin and tazarac. I started tanning in March and stopped using the topicals after one day my skin was all red and blotchy. Other than that I've had no problems. I'd just start slowly, just in case you do have a bad reaction. I put some spf 8 or 15 on my face the first few times or covered my face with a towel. But so far my skin is fine. I guess it just depends how well your skin can handle it. Best of luck to you!

If you've already been tanning, continue and see how it goes. I was able to successfully tan in sunshine last year with no adverse effects. Dunno about beds though.