Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mrs. Micheals

It's not really the acne that makes me feel bad, but...

The texture of my face looks uneven. The pores on my cheeks look huge in comparison with the rest of my face. I'm not sure if they are scars or not. The skin looks kind of broken and old. So it's not so much the acne of self-conscious about, it's my uneven skin. I'm only 21. :( It's ok if a guy's face looks rough, but if a woman's skin isn't picture perfect like in a magazine then she gets looked down on. T_T

The texture of my face looks uneven. The pores on my cheeks look huge in comparison with the rest of my face. I'm not sure if they are scars or not. The skin looks kind of broken and old. So it's not so much the acne of self-conscious about, it's my uneven skin. I'm only 21. :( It's ok if a guy's face looks rough, but if a woman's skin isn't picture perfect like in a magazine then she gets looked down on. T_T

No worries, the opposite sex feels the same as you do. My best friends girlfriend made a comment when we were in the mall about how guys don't care for or about their skin as we walked path a kiosk selling face stuff for men. Boy did I let her have it!

What do you mean its okay if a guy's face looks rough!? I hate having rough skin, drives me nuts! Drives me so nuts that I actually go out and pay %50+ for skin revitalizing creams. BTW im only 21 as well. If your looking for a good product line to reduce your pore size and increase elastisity you should check out the Vichy line. And one final comment, at least girls can wear make up to hide their uneven skin... Sorry if I come off rude, just kinda peeved about the whole comment about a guy's face being okay if its rough.

I know how you feel. I feel the same way. The uneven skin and huge pores make me feel worse than the acne itself.

I am currently free of active acne, yet I have what I call mottled skin. A few white marks, a few red marks, reddness around nose, scarring, bumps and enlarged pores.

I always thought, so long as there is no active acne I will be happy. Truth is I am more happy without active acne but as human nature is, I am still unhappy with my 'mottled' skin :wall:

Oh and Mrs. Micheals please DO NOT compare your skin to the models in magazines, they are airbrushed and nobody looks like that in the flesh! I work for a printing company who print these magazines and I have seen graphic artists airbrush these pictures to so called 'perfection'. We don't just airbrush their faces but we also 'shave fat' off their bodies aswell as tidy up bikini lines, etc for covers and fashion shots.