Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datrockwilder

Is 40mg enough for me?

So I am just now starting month two, continuing by dose of 40mg. Im 152 pounds and i dont really know if this accutane is working. My skin did get real oily then back to normal but my skin is still breaking out bad...shouldnt my initial breakout be done by now? So after looking at some others doses I was thinking that maybe next month i should ask for an increase to 60mg. what do you all think?

I am 170lbs, and im only on 40mg/day. Im on about day... 67? I get maybe on active a week/ every other week. Just remember some people dont see any improvement for three - six months. I was still breaking out towards the end of my second month. Upping your dosage won't guarantee you will clear faster, the only thing it will guarantee is increased side effects.

I really don't think that rising the dose will be very benefit for us. I was on 25mg per day... i raised myself! to 40mg (cause i won't see the dermatologist very soon, only on month 5), and i notice that i brokeout badly suddenly after i raised (10 new zits! cysts, white heads, bumps)....

Ask your derm first, thats the best advice u can get. Stay calm bro... i know what is breaking out at month 2... i am an example to. Stay well.

I weigh 73 kilos and I'm on 40 mg a day and have been for 5 months now. I'm starting my sixth month and i got told no by two derms when I wanted to raise it to 60 per day. It has helped but I still get a whitehead once every two weeks :confused: I guess we just have to be patient.