Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

Where do I get chemical peels?

Is it a salon place or a doctor does it??

Also, should I buy the ones that I do at home myself or no? Another thing, I still get 1 or 2 small whiteheads every once in a while. Is that ok?

I'd rather do something that works for BOTH mild scars and red marks because I know any oil doesn't work for scars. And I can't do anything too expensive like lasers at this point.

I think you can also buy chemical peels. Of course its okay to get one or two pimples a day. Thats perfectly normal! Thats how I wish my skin is. I break out every single day. Its getting better but its still at least five new pimples everyday. I find my SA cleanser has helped a lot with fading my redmarks

I think you can also buy chemical peels. Of course its okay to get one or two pimples a day. Thats perfectly normal! Thats how I wish my skin is. I break out every single day. Its getting better but its still at least five new pimples everyday. I find my SA cleanser has helped a lot with fading my redmarks

Yeah, but perfection is key!!

I've used a cleanser with SA and all it did was make my face oily and I broke out horribly. So I vowed never to use it again.

I would buy chemical peels, but is that safe?

Yeah, but perfection is key!!

I've used a cleanser with SA and all it did was make my face oily and I broke out horribly. So I vowed never to use it again.

I would buy chemical peels, but is that safe?

Naw, perfection is over rated! No one is perfect not even God in my opinion.

Was that SA cleanser over the counter? This is not an over the counter one. I bought it from my dermatologist actually.

I actually dont know if buying chemical peels or safe or not because Ive never done them lol

Is it a salon place or a doctor does it??

Also, should I buy the ones that I do at home myself or no? Another thing, I still get 1 or 2 small whiteheads every once in a while. Is that ok?

I'd rather do something that works for BOTH mild scars and red marks because I know any oil doesn't work for scars. And I can't do anything too expensive like lasers at this point.

i think you can get very light peels at salon places. or your dermatologist can do strong ones if you want. i would buy them yourself and do it at home.a while back ibought some online and i got 12.5,30 and 60 percent glycolic peels in a bundle for about 40 dollars. i did a few peels myself at home and it was easier then i expected. obviously take it very seriously as your putting acid on your face, and make sure you follow instructions to a tee. its fine if you still have a little bit of acne when you do a peel as long as its not alot because it will get irritated.

what kind of peel did you want to do ?? ive only tried glycolic peels and they seemed to work pretty good. definitely helped with red marks, scars not so much but still reduced the appearance of them a little bit. usually people do some light glycolic or lactic peels first, then they move up to stronger peels or TCA.

this thread is great to read for some good info on peels and how to do them. cheers :D

All of my questions seem to be answered in that thread already, lol.

I don't know, but I think Glycolic because I've used a glycolic cleanser before and it was great even though a Salycylic acid wasn't good for my skin.