Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think the only thing you can do is refrain from touching your face except to cleanse and moisturize. As hard as it is DO NOT pick or touch your face excessively. Tane makes your skin very fragile, like tissue paper, and it's easy to inflict trauma even by just scratching an itch.

I think Emu Oil supposedly reduces scarring and redness but I have not used it (I'm lucky enough to not scar much)

Other then that you can always get some laser treatments done once you are off tane. That should even out your skin and alot of people have had really good luck with it.

Hang in there!

Just try to keep your skin moisturised 24/7... If your skin is dry the cells will not regenerate as fast as if it was moist.

drink tons of water when i mean tons i mean 8+ glasses of water a day, theres no such thing as too much water. Take vitamins like fish oil, zinc, b4, etc, they all play a role in rebuilding skin tissue.

drink tons of water when i mean tons i mean 8+ glasses of water a day, theres no such thing as too much water. Take vitamins like fish oil, zinc, b4, etc, they all play a role in rebuilding skin tissue.

Remember not to take vitamin A supplements though!

There is such a thing as drinking too much water. Did you guys ever hear about the woman who was on a radio contest show and died from drinking too much water? She was in a contest to win a Nintendo Wii and it was called "Wee to win a Wii". To win it she had to drink like a gallon(maybe more.. I don't remember) of water straight and died while trying. She died from water intoxication. She literally drowned from the absorption of all that water. Crazy huh? Anyways back on track..lol.. yeah it is good to drink lots of water but in moderation. I myself drink around 10+ glasses throughout the day. Also try taking Vitamin C tablets and maybe using a Vitamin C moisturizer. It's said that it can help collagen production.