Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexGF

getting sleepy

is it normal? most of the time (last few weeks) I've been feeling sleepy after I eat.. my head and eyes feel heavy but I cant' sleep since is bad right after one eats... could be worms?

I started working out two weeks ago.. maybe my body is feeling more tired..

Happens to me all the time. I read somewhere that it could be a blood sugar insensitivity. I usually feel more sleepy during the early part of the day after breakfast and lunch, but more hyper in the evenings and at night.

Food coma is a slang term for the lethargic state induced by overindulgence in carbohydrate- laden food. A biological mechanism known as the shell-core effect causes the circulatory system to redirect bloodflow from the extremities to vital core-level processes (i.e., regulating core body temperature). As a result, the brain's intake of oxygenated blood is restricted so that the stomach can metabolize large quantities of food.

Ya could very well be that you´re not eating enough carbs. Try eating more fruit and beans (or raisins and nuts - is a good snack)... and see how you feel then

A little nap after a meal is not bad btw