Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarthRaevyn

Is a lot of peeling normal with the Neutrogena AHA moisturizer?

I used to peel a lot too when I just started using it, like A LOT, I would wake up with my skin peeling everywhere. Now what I do is use 4 pumps (3 for face, 1 for chin/neck) of cetaphil daily facial moisturizer spf 15 in the morning, and 5 pumps of Neutrogena with AHA at night (1 for chin, 2 around mouth where I dry the most, and the other 2 for cheeks and forehead). Lastly, I collect the dead skin that still accumulates over the course of the week (not even noticeable on my face) with jojoba oil after a shower once every week. I also shave every day. This way I'm able to stay dry skin free on the regimen.

You should give this a try, I was still peeling after 2 months on the regimen, so if this helped me it should def help you.

I'm using at least 4 pumps.

Also instead of the Cetaphil Moisturizer, can I just use the regular Cetaphil lotion?

if you just started using it, thats way too much. Use one, maybe two pumps at most. you have to build up to a couple more pumps. Let your skin adjust