Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
megaman125

So I went to see the doctor at my college's heath care center

She told me my arms/body should be more exposed to sunlight when summer comes. How am I supposed to walk around in sleeveless shirts when acne covers the top half of my arms? HELP!

She told me my arms/body should be more exposed to sunlight when summer comes. How am I supposed to walk around in sleeveless shirts when acne covers the top half of my arms? HELP!

Seriously, she thinks sunlight will clear your acne? Sorry but this is crap. It will just make your acne look better because the skin around it gets tanned and makes the spots look less red. Plus UV rays will prolong hyper-pigmentation. See a different doctor.

Seriously, she thinks sunlight will clear your acne? Sorry but this is crap. It will just make your acne look better because the skin around it gets tanned and makes the spots look less red. Plus UV rays will prolong hyper-pigmentation. See a different doctor.

Oh that's probably why it seemed so silly. Doh. It's not explained very well :/. Yes you do get vitamin D from the sun but all of the other factors outweigh that small plus drastically.

Those are just the areas that tend to break out. Are your inner thighs broken out? Do you get a tan on your inner thighs? Didn't think so.

Those are just the areas that tend to break out. Are your inner thighs broken out? Do you get a tan on your inner thighs? Didn't think so.

Sorry, I just didn't know people broke out on their legs.

Cover up, and go find a secluded sunny spot like someone suggested. Whether it is on your roof, your friend's roof, the woods or you drive out to some abandoned parking lot. You don't have to be in the sun all the time so thirty minutes to an hour or so should help if you think that's what you need. I routinely lay out in my backyard for a few minutes, or I do yardwork or go for a walk/run on secluded running trails. That helps me and I tend to not run into a lot of people that way while I'm getting some sun.

If you have a balcony you could also cover up part of it so you get sun, and no one sees you. Or you open a window and sit by it.

Yeah, I do tend to get acne in strange places. I've had much stranger than my theighs too. I've gotten pimples on the inside of my nose, inside of my ear, on my earlobe, ect.

And thanks, I'll try some of that.

I don't think it is strange I get ear and nose pimples all the time. I just thought people mainly broke out on their face, chest, arms and and back. Who knew.