Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

pgx fiber before high sugar meals.

I was told it deff works... and i read up alot on it so im pretty confident it will work. Im intended to use it once ina awhile when I feel like eating something thats high in sugar and fat like a big piece of cake or something... take 2 pills before 10 mins before I eat that and it will lower my insulin level. Its worth a try to see if it works.

"A fiber blend called WellBetX PGXâ„¢ helps to limit the absorption of dietary sugars into the bloodstream, thereby reducing the release of insulin by as much as 40%!8 Only small amounts are required to help maintain healthy blood glucose and insulin levels that are already within normal range." a quote from the site i bought it at.

From what I understand, the key ingredient in PGX is Glucomannan, which you can buy pure, whereas PGX only has 50mgs of konjac root per capsule (the main source of glucomannan). Nature's way sells Glucomannan of 2000 milligrams per capsule I think.

Wouldn't it be more effective to just buy pure glucomannan? It seems to be cheaper too.

From what I understand, the key ingredient in PGX is Glucomannan, which you can buy pure, whereas PGX only has 50mgs of konjac root per capsule (the main source of glucomannan). Nature's way sells Glucomannan of 2000 milligrams per capsule I think.

Wouldn't it be more effective to just buy pure glucomannan? It seems to be cheaper too.

Interesting point! I tried to find PGX at Whole Foods (none there) but they may have Glucomannan...

i guess you can try and use that but i dont think it will have the same effects lke the pgx fiber. i just bought it so i can eat sugary foods once a inawhile.

Interesting point! I tried to find PGX at Whole Foods (none there) but they may have Glucomannan...

100 capsules with 2 grams of fiber per capsule made by Natures Way was only ~$13 I think, that would last about a month if you took one at each meal.