Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i gathered up enough courage today to talk to this chick i liked and i went up to her and said " Hi, so and so. You're Matt's friend right? How are you doing today" she just smiled and that was it. i didnt know what to say next and i felt like she didnt have the same connection i did. damn, i feel letdown. any advice on what i did wrong?

also, theres this REALLY annoying girl that keeps bothering me everyday and i dont like her or want to talk to her. im nice to everyone but she annoys the hell out of me. i dont understand what she says most of the time and i just pretend to laugh. she doesnt get the hint that i dont like her yet she keeps talking and talking about stuff i cant even understand or i dont care about.

i cant wait until high school is over and i can go to college

Did she even say a thing? Damn. Guess I would've just keep talking to her, at least some more questions. You know, maybe she was just nervous or too suprised. Go for another try.

Can't give you any support on the annoying girl, haha. Try to avoid her. Run away when she comes out of nowhere. :surprised:

i gathered up enough courage today to talk to this chick i liked and i went up to her and said " Hi, so and so. You're Matt's friend right? How are you doing today" she just smiled and that was it. i didnt know what to say next and i felt like she didnt have the same connection i did. damn, i feel letdown. any advice on what i did wrong?

also, theres this REALLY annoying girl that keeps bothering me everyday and i dont like her or want to talk to her. im nice to everyone but she annoys the hell out of me. i dont understand what she says most of the time and i just pretend to laugh. she doesnt get the hint that i dont like her yet she keeps talking and talking about stuff i cant even understand or i dont care about.

I wouldn't look too far into it, she's probably just surprised you talked to her (not in a condescending way, it's just for a lot of people being noticed by others is slightly shocking).

Best of luck, keep approaching her (even though approaching makes it sound like a friendly way of stalking) - you know what I mean :drool: <- Is that emoticon drooling?

Guest Bubbly

Well the only think I can think of that you might have done "wrong" is that you asked how her day was. If you had left that part out and just said "Hi, so and so, are you matt's friend?" it would've sounded a bit more casual. But to ask someone how their day was when you've never talked to them before might be strange for some people. :)

That's strange that all she did was smile. I don't think you did anything wrong, and even if she wasn't interested she could have said hi back and said she was doing okay. Just manners. Looks like you are attracted to rude girls.

As for the annoying girl avoid her. If you usually run into her between classes find a way to not do that, and the less and less she sees you the less inclined she will be to talk with you.

how is your day has been turned into a rhetorical question within the last decade...maybe the smile just meant good. you should have paid her a compliment and then walked off. that would have left her thinking about what you said..so the next time you saw her she might be a little more social...

how is your day has been turned into a rhetorical question within the last decade...maybe the smile just meant good. you should have paid her a compliment and then walked off. that would have left her thinking about what you said..so the next time you saw her she might be a little more social...

What if the girl you want to talk to thinks the same about you? :confused: You should be more considerate of the "annoying girl" and let her know nicely that you're not interested. She could be on a forum asking what she did wrong with you. You never know...

Do you sit next to her in class? See if you can get your seat moved. If not don't come to class till the bell rings that way she can't talk to you if the teacher is lecturing, and if she talks to you during free time try to do homework or pretend to text someone on your phone. Or talk to another person beside you excluding her from the conversation. You probably don't want to touch your face but if she is say sitting to the left of you I find when you rest your hand against your face, and have her head turned away from her she might get the message you do not want to talk. Then when the bell rings leave before she can get a chance to talk to you, or pack up a bit slowly and talk to her briefly and cut it short saying you have to meet a friend or be somewhere for a class.

Just cut the conversation short and use body language to signal to her that you aren't interested in talking to her. I'd be nice about it though no one wants to be rejected.

What if the girl you want to talk to thinks the same about you? :confused: You should be more considerate of the "annoying girl" and let her know nicely that you're not interested. She could be on a forum asking what she did wrong with you. You never know...

Exactly what I thought...

You're bitching about a girl not answering you but the next paragraph start talking about an annoying girl and how t have her stop talking to you?

Strong WTF

Highschool was amazing compared to what college has been like so far....try to enjoy it all man.....:D

Talk to her. She's obviously flirting with you too, and it seems you play right into it.

the quiet girl or the annoying one?

arrrgghhh.... it gets worse everyday. she admittedly tries to touch me everyday. even when she wants a handshake, she tries to squeeze me hand and when we were leaving the classroom, she grabbed my shoulders and started dancing in the hallway!! i couldnt beleive it. im getting fed up with her

Exactly what I thought...

You're bitching about a girl not answering you but the next paragraph start talking about an annoying girl and how t have her stop talking to you?

Strong WTF

OP, I don't see anything that wrong with what you said to the girl you like. Maybe asking her how about her day was a little too personal and not really something you would ask someone you just met. She could at least have acknowleged you though. She was either being cold with you or maybe she was just a little nervous also and didn't really know what to say back. I can imagine how embarrassing it must have been to have talked to her and not even garner any form of response.

But you had the courage to talk to her once which is the biggest hurdle to overcome, just keep at it and you'll eventually figure out if she likes you also or not.

As for the more annoying girl I know exactly how that feels to be in that situation. I know she may seem really annoying to you now but you did say she wouldn't be that bad if she would just calm down a little bit. She obviously likes you and maybe she just always seems so hyper because she is around you and feels like she has to try harder or something :shrug: . She may be totally different outside of school.

On the other hand if you really can't stand her and there's never going to be a chance of anything ever hapening between you try and let her down gently, so to speak. Just ignore her, ask her to calm down a little or that you feel a little uncomfortable with her touching you and being so extroverted all the time.

Oh, and uni isn't really that different from high school. People are obviously a little more mature when it comes to dating and you can connect better with members of the opposite sex living with them in the halls or flats but if you are a quiet or shy person it won't really make that much of a difference. Just pray :pray: that the annoying girl doesn't end up at the same college as you, lol.

good stuff, greg. that post hit the spot.

i'd just like to add that i was reminded of one thing the annoying girl did that shocked me. she commented on my acne a couple of days ago. she said "i can clear those spots for you" and some other stuff which i didnt understand. i felt so bad and mad on the inside but i continued being nice to her.

one more thing, should i talk to the girl i like again? i wouldnt relaly know how to follow up to the weird situation that happened yesterday

im thinking of going like this:

"hi so and so. i didnt want to sound to weird the other day. i just want to get to know you"

is that to strong?