Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bballnut90

Acne went away, now coming back?

Since about December I've had acne on my back. It would probably be classified as light to moderate but I tried to clear it up by washing with unscented soap, neutrogena body wash, on the spot acne cream-pretty much anything. Nothing worked for me, until I went on vacation in the Carribean two weeks ago. I baked in the sun and 90% of my bacne cleared up. I used neutrogena body wash on the trip and also used on neutrogena rapid clear gel. In the week since I've been back, my tan has worn off and acne is starting to appear again. I don't have a dermatologist appointment until May 9th and would like to clear up my bacne as soon as possible. I shower daily(although when I put on the Body Wash, I use my hand to rub it against my skin, not a washcloth/wet towel, should I scrub it in with a washcloth instead?) and apply the rapid gel daily and also have some 10% BP that I put on my acne but it doesn't help that much.

What should I do? Would proactive help me out? I don't have the sun to dry out my back anymore so I don't know how to clear it up/what will clear it up.

Try only washing with the neutrogena wash - no topicals. When I had body acne, I quickly realized that using topicals made it worse, so I stuck to only washing with neutrogena acne wash and that controlled it. I would say my body acne was mild/moderate.

PS, baking in the sun is a big no no for anyone, but especially if you have acne...a tan can "clear" up acne, but then the acne comes back, maybe even worse, from all the dead, tanned skin - exactly what happened to you.