Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lu lu belle

doing the regimen away from home

while away from home, i have no problem with the whole time issue of the regimen, but i do have a problem with bleaching other people's towels. i was recently house sitting, and even though i tried to be careful (using a white towel to wipe my hands off after bp application,) i still bleached the body towel i was using. it's embarrassing, and it ruins someone else's stuff which is totally uncool.

so.... i tried to forgo using bp and broke out again. :( i was just wondering though.... has anyone figured out a system to avoid this problem? i was thinking maybe i could bring my own white body towel and just use that for everything.... i also thought about maybe doing some sort of salicylic acid treatment instead when i'm away, or maybe just not doing the regimen at all until returning home. i'm just concerned because i'm meeting my bf's parents this summer and am staying at their house. (they live in a different state.) first of all, i don't want to breakout while i'm there, and second, i definitely don't want to bleach their towels.

I try to bring my own white towel when I remember. Unfortunately, I can't always do that. I wish I had some good suggestions, but I don't. I'm guilty of bleaching other peoples' towels and pillowcases :(

I try to bring my own white towel when I remember.

I like this idea. Also, bring along an old white t-shirt to slip over the pillow you are sleeping on. That way you won't bleach your hosts pillowcases.

thanks for the replies!!! molly, i have washed my hands thoroughly after using bp and have still had a problem. :( i think i'll just bring my own white towel and just my own pillow. (i'm not typically like that. i don't mind using other people's pillows, but some people are particular about it, so i think i can play it off rather than bringing a pillowcase or a white shirt to slip over it. although those are great suggestions.) anyway, thank you again soooo sooo much!!