Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morphia

Check my pic, what do I do?

This is an old picture of mine but my scars or whatever are still visible on my face. I just have these red blotches that don't go away. I've had them for years. :( I'd appreciate any help because I'm upset about not finding anything to help it. I've tried prescription topicals, chemical peels, Fraxel, and have had very little improvement. I'm considering staying outside getting really tan even if it does make things worse. I just want to blend it in and look better.

post-73906-1206964803_thumb.jpg

post-73906-1206964803_thumb.jpg

Well, assuming they were caused by acne, I'd say they aren't scars but red marks? I think you could try V-beam. This laser appears to be able to eliminate the redness. There are other lasers out there, that can do this as well, though.

Also, I've heard that there is this topical thing out there called 'The Obagi system'. This appears to do a lot of good, too.

Uhm, and then there's Retin-A. You could look into that, as well.

There's probably even more than that, but nothing comes to mind right now.

In any case, you shouldn't expect immediate results, I think. I'm getting laser treatments right now, and I've been told it's a matter of months before I see the eventual results.

Idnha

I think it's important for you to understand what the marks ARE, in order to find something to help cure them. Does your derm know? Or perhaps an esthetician?

I think the one thing I would say is not to go the suntan route. It's very likely that skin will get darker, possibly VERY dark, if you go tanning.

They were caused by my past acne. According to online articles I've read they are called redmarks yet supposedly if they don't go away in a year then they are considered scars. I don't know if that's true but I read that on some website a long time ago. All I'm using right now is an anti-aging serum which is suppose to help with aged/damaged skin regenerate itself. Anyway, thanks for the treatment suggestions.

You said you've tried prescription topicals... Have you tried azelaic acid? It seemed to help w/mine. My red spots are now long gone... Now, my big problem is melasma. sigh* :rolleyes:

I hope you find a solution. :pray: Good luck! :)

I am not a fan of accutane. But I will suggest that you check with your derm if you need to be put on accutane. I was having what you have before my first course and accutane clear me up. And one thing is for sure, that's not scars.

You said you've tried prescription topicals... Have you tried azelaic acid? It seemed to help w/mine. My red spots are now long gone... Now, my big problem is melasma. sigh* :rolleyes:

I hope you find a solution. :pray: Good luck! :)