Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let's share some stories about the ubiquitous things we do to deal with acne. The behaviors we have that have become a part of our life that we don't even think about now, we just do it.

I have two example of this. The first is that I only shave with a night-light on. For some reason, almost certainly due to acne, I've become very uncomfortable shaving in a well-lit bathrom...not exactly a copasetic combination. The acne on my face isn't even that bad, but I still can't do it. During my first year of college when I lived on campus we all shared a communal bathroom. Thankfully the university administration decided that bathroom lighting was not a top priority (opting instead for lavish lecture halls full of technological features professors still can't comprehend six years later), but it was still pretty bright. I found myself shaving in less than 90 seconds to avoid looking in the mirror too long. And yes, I did time it.

The second example is on a similar note. My medicine cabinet is right in front of the shower, so whenever you step out you're looking right in the mirror, as if god revels in reminding you of reality at the precise moment where you feel your best. So I always open the medicine cabinet before I take a shower, that way I'm staring at band-aids and Nyquil when I get out.

I shave in the morning/afternoon so I don't need to use the light. I rarely turn on my bright/white light in bathroom or it'll make me depressed for the rest of the night.

It's not that my skin is as bad as it was but I can see the discoloration in my skin, and the scars left on my face which really gets me down/pisses me off.

I actually get a psychological change in my brain when I'm in brightly lit areas or outside when it's very sunny. Kind of like a panic mode or a survival trigger telling me to stay out of the light, not because of UV rays or anything, purely because my skin will look at its worse in that particular lighting :D.

Guest Timehealsall
Let's share some stories about the ubiquitous things we do to deal with acne. The behaviors we have that have become a part of our life that we don't even think about now, we just do it.

I have two example of this. The first is that I only shave with a night-light on. For some reason, almost certainly due to acne, I've become very uncomfortable shaving in a well-lit bathrom...not exactly a copasetic combination. The acne on my face isn't even that bad, but I still can't do it. During my first year of college when I lived on campus we all shared a communal bathroom. Thankfully the university administration decided that bathroom lighting was not a top priority (opting instead for lavish lecture halls full of technological features professors still can't comprehend six years later), but it was still pretty bright. I found myself shaving in less than 90 seconds to avoid looking in the mirror too long. And yes, I did time it.

The second example is on a similar note. My medicine cabinet is right in front of the shower, so whenever you step out you're looking right in the mirror, as if god revels in reminding you of reality at the precise moment where you feel your best. So I always open the medicine cabinet before I take a shower, that way I'm staring at band-aids and Nyquil when I get out.

werent you afraid of cutting yourself?