Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jc812

Just started and already flaky!

Hey guys, I'm new here :surprised:

So I just started "the regimen" 3 days ago and I've already got very flaky skin (esp around the bottom half of my face). I can't help but to scratch a bit at it after moisturizer to rid of the dead surface skin but I know this is a dangerous way to approach this problem.

I did a search on flakes in the forums and I see that AHA and jojoba oil are two good ways to try to rid of the flakes. My question, you ask?

Should I continue to do what I do and maybe wait and see if the flakes decrease over time?

Where do I get this jojoba oil if I want it? Is it only found online or is it in drugstores? How do I get my hands on this stuff?

My regimen:

AM:

Wash quickly with PURPOSE cleansing bar in shower.

Oil of Olay moisturizer.

PM:

Wash quickly with PURPOSE cleansing bar.

3/4 of a full pump of Dan's BP.

Oil of Olay moisturizer.

Thanks guys, you all are very supportive!

AHA is great, but allot of people recomend holding back untill you are furuther along in your regime. However I have noticed that if you dont exfoliate you will soon end up breaking out as the surface skin becomes a problem and starts clogging your pores.

Using oils like jojoba have been great for allot of people on here (i.e. cool as kim), I think you can get it at drugstore.com, the body shop, and some other places

It looks like you are using allot of BP, consider cutting back to 1 or 2 pumps for awhile until your skin recovers.

AHA is great, but allot of people recomend holding back untill you are furuther along in your regime. However I have noticed that if you dont exfoliate you will soon end up breaking out as the surface skin becomes a problem and starts clogging your pores.

Using oils like jojoba have been great for allot of people on here (i.e. cool as kim), I think you can get it at drugstore.com, the body shop, and some other places

It looks like you are using allot of BP, consider cutting back to 1 or 2 pumps for awhile until your skin recovers.

I'm only at 3/4 of pump.. not 3 or 4 pumps!

Thanks.. I think I'll try holding out for a while, then give the jojoba a try if the skin is still a prob.