Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
no_more_bad_skin

Folliculitis?

I'm new to this site so I'll do the introduction here. I'm a 28 year old female who has been struggling with "acne" for the last 7, or so, years. It didn't start to get out of control until about 3 years ago after I had two children. I was put on Doxycycline 2 years ago, but stopped about a month into it, it's a long story why I stopped. Anyways, I started back on it about a month ago. I have seen some improvement with my skin, but not a whole lot. Also, I have "acne" all over my body, not just my face. And when squeezed or picked (yes I'm a picker, and I know it doesn't help the situation) there is always either pus or a waxy substance attached to a small hair. Which makes me think that maybe it's not acne, but folliculitis instead (or possibly a mixture of both). The doctor that prescribed the Doxy is my family doc, not a dermatologist. And he has never really done any in-depth examining. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar skin problems. If so how are you treating? Have you had success? Should I request that he send me to a dermatologist??