Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chelstron

Accutane Log commin at-cha!!

My name is chelsea and I am 18/f and I suffer from severe acne. This stuff runs in my family as my father has deep ice pick scarring, brother has bad scared too, sis has had severe acne. So basically I should have expected this to happen to me! But I thought I was invincible until 4 months ago when I started to get cysts all over my cheeks whereas I use to get cute little tiny pustules depending on my hormones. those were the days!!!!!

My acne.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Chelstron/Photo67.jpg

So in a nutshell, finally started accutane a week ago after going through the B.S. ipledge. BULLLLLLLARKY!!! anyways....

This week has been filled with joy because I finally have hope my face will be beautiful again. It's really difficult to look at pics of myself even from 6 months ago when my skin was perfect. What happened? ...I'm not sure...All I know is this is such a humbling time for me, it will be for the better!

I am taking 40mg/day and I am just waiting very patiently for this initial breakout. oh yes.

Side effects:

-Dry eyes when about to go to sleep

-slight dry lips

- crusty on the existing acne spots in the morning

-moderate headache a couple days ago ( never get headaches)

- tiredness after working the job and after yoga

Talk to you all later! COMMENT!

Chels

hey chels! mm just wondering if you've had the heads up on all the good stuff that you should stock up on during your accutane course? just in case, many on this board are currently using:

Aquaphor (by Eucerin, for the lips)

Head n Shoulders (in case your scalp dries out too)

facial moisturizer of course

Visene (eyes may start becoming irritated)

Vaseline or some other intensive body lotion

o and watch that cholesterol and drink plenty of water.

completely up to you, but you could ask your derm about antibiotics, since your acne may be rather inflamatory in the beginning (and then you could ween off). i'm doing this to prevent the initial breakout, but ran out recently (and bam i break out of course, though i'll be getting a refill). your a beautiful girl, and i sincerely hope you know that! i must add...it's so great that your taking yoga...i'll be starting some classes soon too i hope. i felt free and light as a butterfly when i used to do yoga. so it was good to hear because i'm sure it'll be helping you too.

hey chels! mm just wondering if you've had the heads up on all the good stuff that you should stock up on during your accutane course? just in case, many on this board are currently using:

Aquaphor (by Eucerin, for the lips)

Head n Shoulders (in case your scalp dries out too)

facial moisturizer of course

Visene (eyes may start becoming irritated)

Vaseline or some other intensive body lotion

o and watch that cholesterol and drink plenty of water.

completely up to you, but you could ask your derm about antibiotics, since your acne may be rather inflamatory in the beginning (and then you could ween off). i'm doing this to prevent the initial breakout, but ran out recently (and bam i break out of course, though i'll be getting a refill). your a beautiful girl, and i sincerely hope you know that! i must add...it's so great that your taking yoga...i'll be starting some classes soon too i hope. i felt free and light as a butterfly when i used to do yoga. so it was good to hear because i'm sure it'll be helping you too.

So hi all!

Yessss so, My face is currently purging oil everywhere. The oil before the dryness, maybe???

I'm going to stay strong, no one has noticed my improvement but I can. Every day I wake up now I feel better about my face and no one has noticed the improvements...it's like i am in my skin all the time so I'm going to notice!! = me rambling

On a side note, EVERYONE.... throw away your aquaphor try CARMEX. It's mainly for cold sores but also used for chapped lips. but it has an analgesic that slightly numbs your lips. Atleast try it. Has anyone tried it? I know it's a widely used product.

Okay I'm going to get back to studying now. (biology test and speech to deliver tommorow)

P.S. I wrote a paper on acne and antibiotics in the last reply. If you'd like to read it then you may. :rolleyes:

Hey Chelsea..

Congratulations on joining the accutane club ! You really are a beautiful girl. You'll get through this and in a couple of months you'll be the vibrant radiant girl that I can tell you are ! Accutane def. has its ups and downs, [just look at my log !] but don't give up. & to answer your question, i am a big fan or carmex but recently changed to aquaphor. i love the sensation you get when you apply it. I haven't tried it on accutane only because I didn't think it would work for what comes in the later weeks. you're lips might dry out a lot. I'm on 40mg a day as well. So bottom line, hang in there. You'll get through this. i'm obviously here for you because I know how it is to write and write in here and not get any support. You get through it much more pain free when you know you're not alone. Good luck !

-Stacey

Hey Chelsea..

Congratulations on joining the accutane club ! You really are a beautiful girl. You'll get through this and in a couple of months you'll be the vibrant radiant girl that I can tell you are ! Accutane def. has its ups and downs, [just look at my log !] but don't give up. & to answer your question, i am a big fan or carmex but recently changed to aquaphor. i love the sensation you get when you apply it. I haven't tried it on accutane only because I didn't think it would work for what comes in the later weeks. you're lips might dry out a lot. I'm on 40mg a day as well. So bottom line, hang in there. You'll get through this. i'm obviously here for you because I know how it is to write and write in here and not get any support. You get through it much more pain free when you know you're not alone. Good luck !

-Stacey

Just wanted to stop by and say good luck on your course. I'm also on 40 mg/day of accutane. I've been on it for about a week now. Keep us posted and hang in there! How far into your treatment are you?

You all won't believe what I did last night!

I went clubbin! It was so nice to bite the bullet and accept that this is going to be a long 6 months but how many people do you see in a club with acne?! NO ONE I stand for you reading this who may be suffering with acne because last night at the club I danced for all people who are hurting from this disease. I would show you pics of me dancing on the bar buttttt no. sorry. hahaha.

But an update on my acne, it's not getting better. I'm almost 3 weeks in and everything is extremely red.

Do you think I should call my doc for some prednisone?

Wishing you clear skin Chels. Welcome to my second favorite website! :D Good research paper, I know where you got the writing style from...lol

This is day 19

I have suddenly became crusty over the last couple of days..I've been waiting for this patiently! As far as an IB goes, everything that has already existed just became larger and very inflammed. Which leads me to think since I broke out in large cysts in the matter of weeks I had my IB even before accutane, atleast I hope so!!!

I have this hard cyst on the corner of my chin that has not even showed it wants to come out and play but no new cysts are on my cheeks!!!

Side effects:

-Earlier this week I had intense mood swings that really sucked. Who knows what that was from...I am a girl afterall

- Joint pain =/ I am not excited about this one because I like to stay active and do yoga all the time. It has been limiting my abilility to do so too.

- I'm getting crusty but not dry. There are particular spots on my cystic area that have no cysts but are crusty....

-Dry lips NATURALLY

My products:

Cetaphil wash

Cetaphil cream

CARMEX. Yes I know, everyone is off aquaphors nut sack but carmex is so thick hmmmmmmm.

Personal time:

I am so excited about my life right now. For the past 6 months I have been a huge recluse because of this acne shit. But in contrast, the last 4 days have made up for it. Wednesday night I went clubbin for the first time! Stayed out all night for the first time in ages. Friday night. went out. Saturday (last night) I went to a dance party and danced with all my friends! Friends I havn't seen in ages, including an ex bf. I thought it would be awkward but it was relieving and gave me a lot of closure =) So in a nutshell, I am not going to let acne stop me because this is what makes me who I am right now at this second. I could go on and on but I'm glad you listened

I havn't updated in a good while. I am in the middle of my 2nd month, but it seems my cysts are becomming different, and not in a good way. They will stick around for weeks, they are hard and are without heads....just like cysts.

I need advice from someone because my face is not dry at all I never feel the need to put moisterizer on even though everyone rants about it while on accutane. But im OILY!!!!!

My lips are chapped and i have dry elbows, great. I'm loosing hope.

bye

My derm told me that it can take up to three months before seeing any improvements at all so try not to stress out about it. You are getting some side effects so at least you know that the 'tane is working.

Some people have even reported not that they didn't clear up until after they had finished their treatment. There is light at the end of the tunnel so please don't lose hope :naughty::dance:

My face wasn't very dry at all until maybe the third month. Even now I feel like my face isn't that dry. I just found out that I should have been on a higher dose throughout my treatment. Maybe you should double check with your doctor about your dose next time you go in.

HEY YOU.

I havn't posted in a hot minute. But my acne has improved a lot but I still have blackheads whiteheads but overall my cysts are flat! So I guess they arnt cysts anymore! but here comes the redness.....

Overall I'm sort of satisfied but I'm a very impatient person =)