Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4life666

Need info for Skin Graph

Hey heres my 1st post. I'm ugly as shit and I have scars to blame. I no longer have acne, but the scars from having acne for 6+ years and not getting it taken care of until this last year.

So, heres my pics:

0321081818a.jpg

0321081818b.jpg

so there ya go. I looked through maye one or two of the threads on what exactly they are called. I guess I have ice pick scars, and some other scar I forget what its called. I dont see anything mentioning skin graphs which is what I want to have done. **** all the other "needling". I just want my whole face replaced with new skin, thats the only option I see that will work. That or suicide, anyway. I can't find any REAL information on skin graphing though, how much do you think it will cost?

Hey heres my 1st post. I'm ugly as shit and I have scars to blame. I no longer have acne, but the scars from having acne for 6+ years and not getting it taken care of until this last year.

So, heres my pics:

0321081818a.jpg

0321081818b.jpg

so there ya go. I looked through maye one or two of the threads on what exactly they are called. I guess I have ice pick scars, and some other scar I forget what its called. I dont see anything mentioning skin graphs which is what I want to have done. **** all the other "needling". I just want my whole face replaced with new skin, thats the only option I see that will work. That or suicide, anyway. I can't find any REAL information on skin graphing though, how much do you think it will cost?

I assume a retinoid is some sort of pill? He has me on Duac and Tazorac topical medications. If I stop taking those, my pimples come back. Is anyone else cursed like this? Wish there was a medication that would keep it gone even if I quit using it.

Dear scarred4life666:

Dear scarred4life666:

Now, calm down, don't panic like that. The redness will go away. The treatment you are asking about is skin grafts, and some doctors actually can do something called punch graft that has worked, it depends on the doctor I hear.

There are many treatments to improve this, plus time is a great healer of these scars. When I was in my 20's my face was as bad as it gets. I believe I have had huge improvement over time, as you will have. You can click on my name and you will see my picture. My scars are all but gone. My daughter used to compare my face to Peter Strauss, you may be too young to remember him as an actor but she said we were about the same (I asked her at the time and he was on tv). My daughter did not mind my scars, I had to beg her to not pick at her own face because she thought scars were no big deal. She has no scars now but only because I warned her about how much I hated mine.

Also, I did not have the skin grafts, I had very simple treatment, much of which I did to myself. I took face cream and every night I used the cream with rotating motions on my cheeks until the cream got to a thick point and took the top layer of skin off--I did not bleed, I did not do it so hard my skin started to water, it was just like rubbing wet suntanned skin off with a towel. Every night. My derm told me to do it and that it would be the same as having a deep dermabrasion, only over a longer time.

Go ahead click on my name, you will see, my scars are no longer bad, if they are even there. I do not think people identify me with scars any longer.

Now- no suicide. Even thought it took me decades to do what the doctor told me to do, when I finally did it it worked and I had a great life even when I had the worst skin everywhere I went, always. I had a lot of boyfriends, too, and they were not losers, they were the cool guys.

Coklar

Alright, so heres the deal.

I went to my dermatologist today, and asked him about a retinoid. In a nutshell he shut it down. Apparently these Tazorac and Duac Topical medications are supposed to take care of the redness of my face. ..Why dont I believe it?

He said that a retinoid wont really do anything for my severe scarring, and that the only option was to seek a plastic surgeon for some kind of surgery. It was a semi-long word. I want to say sebaceiousology or something.. I dont fucking know. All I know, is I have two references of plastic surgeons in my area and it'll cost 3000-5000 dollars to get it done, anyway. It'll only take me the next year to save up $5000.. great.

Just for laughs, here we go with updated pics, as if I look any better or anything...

0412080044.jpg

0412080042a.jpg

0412080042.jpg

...Still think suicide isn't a valid option?

I asked my PS about skin grafting she said it wasn't a done thing unless u were actually missing the skin as it looks worse than scar tissue. Hard to believe I know, but she's done this shit for a while so i'd trust her judgement. How old are you? I think you still have a bit of natural healing to go.

1. Many of your scars look fresh -> hence the redness. Redness will fade and go away in time, so don't fret about it.

2. Accutane -> just do it if you haven't already. You need to be able to treat your scars when you stop breaking out.

3. Retinoid -> Tazorac IS a retinoid and in fact, beneficial in many ways for your acne and scars. Your doctor is a piece of trash and need to be taken out ASAP.

4. Skin Grafts are for burn victims. Your skin, even the most scarred, is not nearly as damaged as full thickness or partial thickness burns.

5. Everyone can make good improvements. It depends on them and their body really. It takes time, like bodybuilding, it will require many years for you to build up like those you see in magazines.

So, find a way to stop your acne FIRST: Antibiotics or Accutane. Then come back and read through the FAQ stickied on top. There are lots of things that work, but it will depend on your diligence and many other factors.

Panda knows what he's talking about, tell your derm to give you accutane, that will stop it FOREVER although you have to pop pills that the worst side affect you'll notice is dry lips/skin for about 9 months.

If he doesn't give you accutane tell him your going to see another derm, if he doesn't give it to you then you'll just have to find a derm who will subscribe it.

Tazorc will help a little but it will never cure it forever unless you use it through adulthood when your acne naturally goes away. But it won't ever be as effective or as fast as accutane.

Don't be so quick to dismiss needling as a scar healing option, plus your scars will look 3 times better one the redness goes away. But needling is by far the most effective procedure i've ever seen. Just look it up! its not expensive either IT WORKS!

Suicide is stupid right now, i know you probably won't do it but trust me, you'll think your an idiot for saying that years in the future, rather than suicide how about you focus all your efforts on getting 9 months of accutane wait about 8 months, then go for needling or dermarolling, I've been where you are and im so much happier right now, i know how hard scars suck though.

Well, I'm 22. I don't think theres a way that I can "cure" my acne for good. I was told that its not cureable, but treatable, and I believe that. I first started using Differin Gel and Duac topical medications when I was 20. They seemed to do the job to clear up the acne and keep it at bay. However, I lost my job after I turned 21, and stopped going to the derm. So, I stopped using any medication, and my acne came back worse than before.

About 7 months ago I returned to the derm. This time around as mentioned before, It's Duac and Tazorac. It really works to keep it gone. I've never used Accutane, but I've thought about it. I don't see how a pill can really KEEP acne gone even after I'd stop using it. I thought there was no cure for acne.

By the way, I agree that I'm just being stupid with this suicide nonsense. However, doesnt accutane have some side effect of suicidal thoughts?

The side effect of depression is really rare and more patients discover that as the skin clears, so do the emotions and one begins to feel an increased energy and hope as the skin clears. I had a pre-existing diagnosis of severe depression prior to taking Accutane and Accutane did not in any way exacerbate the depression.

Your doctor is unfortunately not correct because retinoids DO help with scarring and with red marks.

If you're currently clear with your regimen and don't mind continuing it, that's fine. But if you want to use Accutane (it has severe side effects), you should discuss it with your dermatologist. Usually it's the last resort for severe, recalcitrant, nodular/cystic acne due to the severe side effects including thalidomide-like birth defects and the potential for liver damage and elevation of triglycerides in the blood (elevated risk for heart attack, stroke, embolism, etc with continued fatty deposits in the blood).

Not everyone clears completely with one course of accutane. But the remission rate is pretty good for most, and many people find the side effects well worth the benefit of clear skin.

I went through 2 partial Accutane courses and 1 full (8 month course). The partial course were mistakes as I only did them during summer, which weren't nearly long enough.

The side effects are annoying for sure. But if you keep healthy and have no serious health issues, most people do just fine, especially if your young. I'm not positive but I'm almost sure that my 80mg/day dose of Accutane was easier on my liver than what most of my friends did to theirs drinking in college.

The problem here, as it usually is, misinformation or not fully understanding/doing your due diligence. You don't need a Derm to prescribe you Accutane by them, they probably make a ton more money from you and your insurance by seeing you on a regular basis. My general practitioner signed up for the Accutane online system (it is a huge pain in the ass designed to verify prescriptions, mostly to deter women from getting pregnant on it though) and gave me Accutane at my request.

This might sound really weird but i know for a fact it works. If you've tried it and it hasn't worked I'm sorry to sound so stupid but try proactive, my sister used it for her acne scars and they went away, it took a month but they're completely gone now. She got really bad acne when she had my nephew. Anyway if it doesn't work then i'm sorry but i know for a fact it can work.