Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lipovox

Not sure how many people have tried this supplement. I made a few searches on the forum and it hasnt really been covered so here goes.

Iv been taking this supplement for 3 weeks and it has really worked wonders for acne.

Bit bout me, im 20 years old, iv had acne for at least 8 years, tried soo many products but never went to the doctors about it. I would say i had mild/moderate acne with oily skin when it was at its worse, however the mental effects were just as bad as anyone i think.

Dans regimen worked very well for my skin however i wasnt happy about the bleaching effect it had on my hair/clothes towels etc, and was also worried bout the long term conditioning of my skin from BP. Iv also tried accupuncture and home-acnelamp therapy with no success. Im a 100% beleiver that acne is to be treated internally if u ever hope to cure it.

For the last 18 months iv been trying to condition my body to that of a non-sufferer. Detox's, dieting, supplementing etc. I vowed never to use another product on my face again, i just splash my face with warm water (i really think this is important if u are to condition your body to that of a non-sufferer, whether they use products or not).

I actually beleive i found my cure a year ago with a GLA supplementing system i found on the internet (evening primrose oil/borage oil, the idea was it acheived hormonal balance) which i wont discuss further as i cant acheive the same results that i started with anymore. The results lasted about 4-5 months on this system.

I can tell when a product is going to work within a few days as my oil production noticably decreases, as does my desire to pick at my face. If you too have oily skin its important to recognise this as it can really help you find your cure. Acne (specially inflamed) takes weeks even months to clear reguardless. You could get new pimples forming that were due to come out for the next 3 weeks (unsure if this is true, i think it is).

As for the product, it contains extracts of 10 of the worlds superfoods and anti-oxidants. Its primarily intended for weight loss but works for acne as well (Possibly why its not really been heard of) The recommended dosage is 1 capsule 30 minutes before breakfast and lunch with a pint of water (16oz). Upon contacting customer services i was informed that 20-60minutes before breakfast/lunch should still be fine should you have any problems keeping to this, however i always try for 30minutes as best i can. The large amount of water is apparently nessecary for optimum absorption. the rep suggests up to 2pints!. i drink 1.5 and i also take a pill before dinner so im on 3 a day . These dosage guidelines are very important. i noticed a significant difference in face surface oil when i didnt follow the guidelines (if iv been out all day i took a pill with a sip of water when i got in without thinking bout the meal)

Pricing: i buy it in the UK for £23 for 60 capsules. Its for sale in the US but i havnt checked pricing.

Now i must be honest here. I do not want to get anyones hopes up, you can appreciate iv only been taking them 3 weeks. It could be very well that 4-5 months down the line they stop working (in my opinion i cant see this happening the ingredients are natural extracts that unlike GLA is not aimed at hormonal balancing). It could be they dont work for you at all. I can only suggest you try it for 3 weeks whilst following the guidelines. Dont measure your success on actual acne lumps either, but oil production instead( Dry skin folk, i dunno, sorry :/ ) Ill post my progress every so often to let you know if its working.

Sorry for the length of this post, i figured i needed to be thorough as possible. Best of luck to those who try it and ps, im not a sales rep, perhaps i should be.

I'm glad it worked for you Jonno! I'm also glad you brought up Lipovox.

I was taking that for about 2-3 months and just ran out. I couldn't really tell if it worked or not as I added other supplements at the same time to solve my acne puzzle.

Also, I found it difficult to gage just how much of each "super food" was in each pill as the bottle doesn't state.

They might just be green tea pills with an added placebo effect. Keep us posted!

I completely agree with you in regards to measuring your progress by the amount of oil on your face at a given time. Even when I had a ton of acne on my face I was able to determine when supplements worked or not because of the obvious change in oil. I'm kind of lucky to be naturally really oily because I don't have to be on a regimen for a month to see if it's working, I can tell in 2 or 3 days.

This sounds very similar to PGX, I'm sure it's the same concept.

Well i was taking a lot of supplements, never sure what the hell was working and what wasnt till eventually i decided this isnt natural. At the moment i take just the lipovox and a good multi-vitamin and mineral(can be taking at the same time as lipovox np).

Its been 3 weeks, im going to give it another 2 before posting my progress. Do not want this to turn into a bandwagon like the Dim thread, and for it to go horribly wrong. I also ordered Dim and was about to get round to taking it as well (Coming off lipovox at the same time) to see how good it actually is. Personally im glad as it gives me a chance to try lipovox long term. Any questions ill be glad to answer, as will their customer support (who are very good i might add :D )

keep the updates coming man. the supplement itself sounds like a scam and a half but I'll try pretty much anything to get rid of acne. I'm in the middle of trying some other things first but I'll get to it eventually probably and hopefully in the mean time you and others with have conclusive results

Sounded like a scam to me as well till i read the reviews from independant sites.

What made it convincing is 90% of the people on this supplement take it for weight loss, most of the reviews claimed that it did nothing for weightloss however their skin looked really great (nothing they were prepared to shout from the rooftops). The supplement was designed to be taken with a healthy diet and excercise to help (something thats missing from the instructions). Lets face it how many weight watchers are prepared to do this when their looking for a quick fix like lipovox?

Iv always ate what i believe to be a balanced diet. 3 square meals with 3-4 portions of fruit and veg a day, i eat a moderated amount of junk food but i dont live off the stuff.

Anyway its working for my acne and thats all i really care about atm, ill keep you updated.

DID SOME RESEARCHING AND CAME ACROSS THIS REGARDING LIPOVOX AND ACNEXUS

Lipovox Story- The background story sounded familiar, so did the ingredients. It turns out that this is the exact same product as Orovo! We regret to report that we are not sure if these are the same products, or if Lipovox is a cheap knock-off of Orovo.

$39.99 for a one month bottle. This is half the price of Orovo.

With the same ingredients as Orovo, this supplement has some of the ingredients you would expect to see in a weight-loss product, it is simply is hard to take at face value that it can live up to its outrageous claims. The claims have been toned down a bit from the Orovo website, but they still promise to help you lose weight, clear up acne, and reduce wrinkles. We always warn people to be very careful when ordering from companies that do not put their phone numbers on their websites. In the case of Lipovox, we can not stress this enough… They do not even have a physical address on the website. If the product doesn’t work for you, where are you going to return the bottles? There’s no phone number, so you’re just going to have to hope that someone reads your email and responds. We strongly recommend that you pass.

NOW READ THIS GUYS:

Orovo Story - is a multi-vitamin supplement that contains 10 highly concentrated "SuperFoods" as defined by Dr. Nicholas Perricone. According to Orovo, LLC, this product was created as a result of an experiment. A dermatologist appearing on a popular daytime talk show recommended 10 different foods that if taken on a daily basis would allow you to look 10 years younger in 10 days! The wife of Orovo’s CEO happened to be watching the show, and decided to take on the 10 day challenge. As a result, instead of looking 10 years younger, she actually lost 10 lbs. (HELLO....THIS IS THE SAME STORY LIPOVOX CLAIMS!)

GUESS WHERE THE COMPANY IS:

Orovo

Manufactured by Orovo, LLC

Orem, Utah

SAME PLACE WHERE THE MIRACLE 'ACNEXUS' IS FROM!!! AND BOTH ACNEXUS AND LIPOVOX ARE LISTED AT http://topacnesolutions.com/ AS ONE OF THE TOP 3 ACNE PRODUCTS. HMMMM....

THE ONLY GOOD THING I CAN SAY IS THAT THE INGREDIENTS IN THESE PRODUCTS SEEMS HARMLESS AND CAN MAYBE WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE. HOWEVER THERE ARE MANY OTHER WAYS TO GET OUR SUPER FOODS. TRY A GREEN DRINK EVERY MORNING. http://greenvibrance.com. HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND THEN SOME.

WITH PEOPLE CLAIMING THERE SKIN IS SMOOTHER WITH THE ACNEXUS, WELL ANY TYPE OF EXFOLIATING SCRUB WILL MAKE OUR SKIN FEEL SOFTER AND SMOOTHER. FOR ME THOUGH, SCRUBS MAKE ME BREAK OUT TERRIBLY. STARTS OUT SMOOTH AND BEAUTIFUL FOR A WEEK OR SO AND THEN BEFORE I KNOW IT, MY FACE IS IN A TERRIBLE BUMPY MESS AND TAKES ME FOREVER AND A DAY TO REPAIR THE DAMAGE.

THIS COMPANY IN UTAH IS PROBABLY JUST SOME HIPPIE NATURE FAMILY MAKING THIS STUFF ON THEIR FARM AND THIS IS HOW THEY SUPPORT THEMSELVES AND THEIR LARGE FAMILY. PLEASE NO HATE MAIL. JUST GIVING MY THOUGHT. :shifty:

Glad this got brought up again. I ran out of Lipovox a couple months ago, and no change has occurred better or worse. No weight loss either.

I'm almost positive Lipovox is simply green tea pills. Looking back on it, I feel rather foolish for buying a product from a 'company' that seems so shady.

Just another false hope product.

Don't waste your money.