Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyo

My Condition - I need your suggestions

Ok, so for years I have had mild acne but it's never been that bad. I feel like its been getting a lot worse lately maybe because of overuse of products or who knows. To add insult to injury, not only am I getting more pimples, I also have been getting really dry and flakey skin.

What I use:

- Proactiv Cleanser

- Neutrogena Oil-Free Summer Glow Moisturizer

- Spot treat with Benzaclin (BP and Clindamycin)

- One 35 mg Zinc supplement

- 2 Fish oil supplements

- 1 Multi-Vitamin

- Aloe Vera Gel

- St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub (1-2 times a week)

The catch: since I started using the Zinc my pimples have been not as big, but my skin has also become much more dry. I was using a moisturizer that had oil in it, which I didnt know about. Granted my skin was never dry, I stopped using it because the oil is acne-causing.

I don't know if I should stop the Zinc in fear of my skin breaking out more. My multi-vitamin also contains Iodine which I hear is a skin irritant but I couldn't find any others without it.

I work out almost every day whether its going to the gym, playing hockey or playing basketball. All of which make me work up a good sweat. I try to not touch my skin at all.

Any suggestions are not only welcome, but greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey I tried many things in my past as well....

I think that the best thing you can do is go to a dermatologist and get prescription medication to help your acne. They can prescribe you with what is best for you skin...

Good Luck

I have, and they have prescribed me with Benzclin, Retin-A, and Differin.

The Benzaclin is the only one that didn't make my skin worse, and it helped greatly for a while but isnt quite as good as it used to be.

will stopping the Zinc make me break out? I feel like it hasn't really helped that much and is drying me out a lot. Plus one night I went out partying and took it and it make me get really sick (did drink a lot too haha). Any suggestions would be great.