Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tasha90

Liver (the kind you eat)

I've never had liver before, but after reading up on it, it seems to be something worth adding to my "meat and veggies" diet. I couldn't really find any sources on what it tastes like, so do any of you know?

A quote taken from whfoods.com (personally I've never had liver either):

Lovers of calf's liver hold this food in very high regard. This is not just because the liver from a baby cow is a storehouse of nutrients, but because it also has a delicious taste and delicate texture.

A quote taken from whfoods.com (personally I've never had liver either):

Lovers of calf's liver hold this food in very high regard. This is not just because the liver from a baby cow is a storehouse of nutrients, but because it also has a delicious taste and delicate texture.

So it might not taste as neutral as chicken but I'm sure it tastes quite good.

But be sure to buy organic, animal livers are particularly abundant sources of all the toxins that accumalate from diet.

The first time I had it I hated it. But after a while it's good. When you first see it, you expect it to taste like steak. Don't expect that, lol.

I thought liver was gonna be good for my skin, but I bought some from the health food store, and broke out horribly. It screwed up my digestion for days afterward, and I felt like total crap for at least 3 days. I got pimples in places I never do like my shoulders, upper arms and chest. It was horrible, and I was really surprised! I thought liver was supposed to be healthy? Unless it was some kind of massive initial break out that would have been followed by a massive clearing...I don't know, but I do know it made me feel sick for days, and look horrible for weeks.

I am considering adding some organ meats like liver into my regular diet. It's hard to find high quality liver at stores though, like organic and/or free-range.

The taste is pretty strong...it tastes sort of irony to me. When I had liver before, I fried it in a pan with coconut oil and lots of salt. It was very tasty.

My nan made the best liver and onions on the planet. She would dredge it in flour and fry it in bacon grease until it was brown, then add paper thin sliced onions. Mmm.