Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cool as kim deal

tips for locking and packing the pump bottles!

I think I've finally got the hang of traveling with these pump bottles down!

Okay, so let's just say you're flying off in the afternoon and finishing packing in the morning, as I am. Well, before you do the morning regimen, take the pumps out of the bottle. Let's say we're talking about a cleanser bottle, though it's the same for the BP and moisturizer. Carefully scrape the cleanser off the pump stick back into the bottle. Tapping the bottle lightly on a counter top will help everything to slide easily back down to the bottom. Then, once you have most of the cleanser off the pump wand and back into the bottle, pump the remaining cleanser in the wand into your hand and wash with that.

Now, you don't have much cleanser left on the wand, so you haven't wasted much at all. Just wash the rest of it off in the sink. Doesn't need to be super clean, but clean enough. Then, take a white towel (if you do this with a colored towel and BP, it will be bleached). In your left hand, use part of the towel to hold on to the base of the pump (not the tube, but the bottom of the pump part where it screws on to the bottle). In your right hand, use another part of the towel to simultaneously push the top of the pump down and twist to the right. It might take you a few tries, but it should lock down. The towel makes this much easier, and while you can do it without a towel, it's really frustrating.

Ta da! Now you can screw the pump back on to the bottle. To get it back up, just futz with it a little. It should pop back up without too much trouble.

Be sure to keep all your bottles in plastic bags when traveling. I like using big freezer bags for the 16 oz. bottles. They'll probably stay locked down, but there's a chance they might come dislodged, especially if your suitcase gets inspected carelessly.

I might post pictures or videos of how to do this later, if I have time.

Anyone else have tips they want to share for managing the bottles while traveling?

I always did that when I used a pump bottle cleanser. Great tips there.

I take out the pump and scrape the extra off and let it drip back into the bottle. I also pump the remaining bit in the tube back into the bottle. While I do that, I put my hand below the tube so I catch whatever drips off it in my other hand and use that to cleanse.

Also I always keep anything that may leak be it shampoo, cleanser etc in a secure plastic bag before I put them into my bag. Even if they are not pump bottles.

instead of going through that long hassel you can just do one pump or two pumps of the cleanser however much you use and then close it while it's still attached to the bottle lol that's what I have always done

I think I've finally got the hang of traveling with these pump bottles down!

Okay, so let's just say you're flying off in the afternoon and finishing packing in the morning, as I am. Well, before you do the morning regimen, take the pumps out of the bottle. Let's say we're talking about a cleanser bottle, though it's the same for the BP and moisturizer. Carefully scrape the cleanser off the pump stick back into the bottle. Tapping the bottle lightly on a counter top will help everything to slide easily back down to the bottom. Then, once you have most of the cleanser off the pump wand and back into the bottle, pump the remaining cleanser in the wand into your hand and wash with that.

Now, you don't have much cleanser left on the wand, so you haven't wasted much at all. Just wash the rest of it off in the sink. Doesn't need to be super clean, but clean enough. Then, take a white towel (if you do this with a colored towel and BP, it will be bleached). In your left hand, use part of the towel to hold on to the base of the pump (not the tube, but the bottom of the pump part where it screws on to the bottle). In your right hand, use another part of the towel to simultaneously push the top of the pump down and twist to the right. It might take you a few tries, but it should lock down. The towel makes this much easier, and while you can do it without a towel, it's really frustrating.

Ta da! Now you can screw the pump back on to the bottle. To get it back up, just futz with it a little. It should pop back up without too much trouble.

Be sure to keep all your bottles in plastic bags when traveling. I like using big freezer bags for the 16 oz. bottles. They'll probably stay locked down, but there's a chance they might come dislodged, especially if your suitcase gets inspected carelessly.

I might post pictures or videos of how to do this later, if I have time.

Anyone else have tips they want to share for managing the bottles while traveling?

I haven't traveled with the stuff yet, but I was either going to buy the travel size stuff they ahve for sale or transfer the product into those re-uasable travel-sized plastic bottles you can buy in the $1/travel section at Target and similar stores.

If I can't do that for ome reason, I'll definitely try your method! Thanks for the info.