Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rick W

Actual Results - 40 Year Old Male

I'm going to be short because.. I have to leave right now but

I have had acne my whole life as probably many people on this forum have. I'm 40 and it started to go away in my 30s so it isn't so bad any more. I tried everything and nothing worked.

I was put on tetracycline, RetinA, Benzoil Peroxide (various stuff), astringents, other stuff.. you name it. Nothing worked. I never tried Accutane. I'm glad I didn't at this point because of the potential side effects. I wanted to but the doctor wouldn't prescribe it due to his worries about the side effects.

Anyway, fast forward to 4 months ago. I still have some back acne. It bothers me. I did some research and came across this site and Dan's Regimen. I read up.. read up some more and said.. what the hell. I'll try it.

Low and behold the damn thing worked. I followed it exactly. 2.5% solution bought off bottles from this website, glycolic acid bought from the store and the soap bought from the store.

Shower w/the soap, glycolic when dry and then benzoil when dry with that. Glycolic once a day in the morning and benzoil twice, once in the morning and once at night before I went to bed.

I started taking two showers, one in the morning and one at night but that started taking too much time so I just put the benzoil on at night without taking a shower. One shower a day in the morning.

I slathered the BP on. I think that was the key. I had tried BP before but in little dabs and just over existing acne areas. The BP I slathered all over my back. Eventually as the back cleaned up, I put it on my arms and upper legs as well because as my back cleared up, I started noticing or getting zits elsewhere. Now I do about half my body twice a day.

What happened was new acne stopped appearing almost immediately. When I saw almost, I mean almost.. there were some new zits that appeared over the first two weeks. Then those stopped and then everything stopped.

And what I was left with was scars. Those are still healing. It has been over 4 months. But nothing new is appearing.

From this what I learned is:

1) you have to slather the stuff on

2) the 2.5% works fine for me

3) you can't skip days or miss days, you have to stay on schedule

4) keep pictures so you can see progress

This is the first time in my life since I was probably 12 that my back is going to be clear. It is really amazing. The back acne is some of the worst because of the time it takes the scars to heal. I've found it takes about 6 months for a scar to go away. I don't really think there is much you can do to speed the scars healing up.

This worked for me. I don't know if it will work for you but I'm still amazed. Thanks Dan for having this website and thank all you for contributing.

The attachments to this point contain progress pictures.

The first 5 pictures show 4 months of progress starting 11/21/07. There are 5 pictures:

11/21/07

12/21/07

01/21/08

02/21/08

03/21/08

and a final one showing my full back at the end of march.

post-73870-1206911756_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911765_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911773_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911781_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911801_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911812_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911756_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911765_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911773_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911781_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911801_thumb.jpg

post-73870-1206911812_thumb.jpg

Hah. I wouldnt be worried about those little dots if that was me, but thats cause my back is fawked. lol

Good improvement ;).

Congrats and nice work with the photos. It's remarkable to see progress documented like that. Well done.