Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

Is Aramis basically a cure?

Sounds very promising, albeit perhaps a little expensive. I guess there's a spa near here that does it and I've emailed them with further inquiries. Would love to know if anyone has tried this and found success. Even if you have to go in for a maintenance treatment every so often, so long as it works who cares, right?

Yeah, this seems legit, surprised more people aren't all over it. Wish I knew about it a few years ago. :boohoo:

Yeah, this seems legit, surprised more people aren't all over it. Wish I knew about it a few years ago. :boohoo:

I'm going to have a test spot done for the Aramis in a few weeks. Where are you guys reading that it is a great treatment for scars? If so, what types of scars?

Aramis is basically the same as the lasers Smoothbeam and Cooltouch, just with different amount of penetration. I don't think it qualifies as a cure. SMoothbeam targets the sebaceous glands specifically because it penetrates at the right depth, but even so, it is not 100% effective. Aramis doesn't penetrate the skin as much as Smoothbeam and only targets the oil glands partially, so I would assume that it doesn't work as effectively.

Aramis is basically the same as the lasers Smoothbeam and Cooltouch, just with different amount of penetration. I don't think it qualifies as a cure. SMoothbeam targets the sebaceous glands specifically because it penetrates at the right depth, but even so, it is not 100% effective. Aramis doesn't penetrate the skin as much as Smoothbeam and only targets the oil glands partially, so I would assume that it doesn't work as effectively.

I will share my experience with the Aramis combined with IPL for redness. I hope people can find it to be helpful.

I did my first one back in early April. Right away within hours my face was much drier than my usual oily midafternoon face and I noticed a bit of reduction to my red marks and overall redness.

Throughout the next few weeks I can hardly recall breaking out. Whatever pimple I had stopped itself dead in its own tracks as my skin was too dry to have any bad flareups. No oily cheeks = only minor pimples that resolve quickly.

I did another one back in mid May. It gave me less results than the first.

I went for the Aramis for scar and redmark reduction. However I am THROUGHLY satisfied with it's acne preventive abilities. I believe it is more effective than any other creams or antibiotic I've tried (including Retin-A). It IS as good as they've advertised it - more effective than accutane and zero side-effects.

Since then I've done it twice more. I'm experiencing close to 2-3 tiny pimples a month and only once in those 4-5 months did I experience one really bad pimple due to dirty face touching. I no longer had to use any topicals ever since my first time in April and my face's oiliness and overall complexion have improved quite a lot. For scars, it did somewhere between 30 to 40% improvement.

For redmarks it turned my face from bad to decent (doc says 30% improvement). 8 months ago, the redness in the scars used to be blood red after a hot shower but now they are pink in the worse case (involuntary exposure to the sun without avoidance). In the morning I can only detect a few red marks, most of them are grey due to slower blood curculation, and by noon after some activity all the redmarks are pink but it's already 10x better than before.

My only regret is not doing Aramis sooner. It's such a simple procedure, there is no pain, no gel to apply and it's made the past 5 months due to Aramis my life has turned out to be better than expected. I am very surprised that this machine isn't more recommended on these boards. I've even read that people had bad reaction the Aramis and experience pains during the procedure. Technically this is impossible. The most you should ever feel is a snapping sensation if it is done on a larger pimple. And Aramis does not NEED or require any sort of numbing cream or gel, if your doctor uses it then he/she must be doing it wrong.

I have just heard about this. I have an appointment next week. Anyone have information on cost? Also I would like to hear some more feedback on people that have had this procedure done.

I had the Aramis laser treatment back in 2004, this laser has destroyed my skin and left me with so many scars which might be due to the inexperienced tech. I have pin size holes where the laser penetrated and two rolling scars on my forehead, and few other marks on my cheeks. I had some fat loss and lost the healthy shine my skin I once had and kept all my acne, but they don't claim it will work after 1 treatment.

It has destroyed my life and I now hangout in the scar forum. Perhaps if done properly with the appropriate settings this wont happen, but the risks are there and theyre real. I really recommend the Clearlight by Lumenis which worked wonders for my acne, you do enough of this Aramis laser and you will get scarred and regret you even heard about it. If you also search the scar forum you will find many more members who scarred form the smoothbeam and other lasers.

I had the Aramis laser treatment back in 2004, this laser has destroyed my skin and left me with so many scars which might be due to the inexperienced tech. I have pin size holes where the laser penetrated and two rolling scars on my forehead, and few other marks on my cheeks. I ad soem fat loss and lost the healthy shine my skin once had and kept all my acne, but they dont claim it will work after 1 treatment.

It has destroyed my life and I now hangout in the scar forum. Perhaps if done properly with the appropriate settings this wont happen, but the risks are there and there real. I really recommend the Clearlight by Lumenis which worked wonders for my acne, you do enough of this Aramis laser and you will get scarred and regret you even heard about it. If you also search the scar forum you will find many more members who scarred form the smoothbeam and other lasers.

OT, but s500, if you read this, empty your inbox folder. I tried to send you a reply and it said that it is full.