Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chronotoss

I'm getting a Power Juicer

my uncle is giving me his jack lalanne power juicer. what are good fruits/vegs or anything good to juice that's very beneficial to the skin? can u plz list these goods i will go shop for them.

Here's one I love spinach leaves and cantaloupe. Great mix, and when I'm done and cleaning, I fish out the discarded spinach and throw that in my salads. It's all broken up so I don't have to chew it, so I get everything from it!

Lucky! I've been trying to find a juicer for some time now. I love drinking various juices and I imagine making them myself will make them even more delicious.

I want a juicer too!!! :(

Try mixing in:

Strawberries

Pineapples

Pears

Oranges

Green apples

Carambola (star fruit)

AND for the crème de la crème: Honey and Star of Anis!! (spice)

Put the star of anis in AFTER juicing, stir and let sit. Oh GOD! The goodness!!!

lol yah, im very excited to get my juicer. my uncle is very anal about staying healthy. he's always encouraged me to start living a healthy lifestyle because he catches me eating fast food all the time. since he sees that i'm actually putting effort into eating healthy for once he decided to give me his juicer that he's had for years. i'm actually starting to shop for my own fruits and vegetables. i hate eating fruits and vegetables, but i dont mind drinking them.

Your best bet for fighting acne will be to juice cruciferous greens like spinach, kale, collards, cabbage, bok choy etc. These will be too bitter on their own though, so you'll want to make half your juice a sweeter juice, like carrot juice, which is full of beta carotene (which converts to vitamin a) and will be great for your skin. My green smoothie thread talks a bit about juicing in a quote from Dr. Joel Fuhrman - many of his patients have cleared acne by cleaning up their diets and adding in lots of greens... especially green juices. There's a link to the thread in my signature. Congrats on getting a juicer, as juicing is the most powerful thing you can do to improve your health! :)