Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't so much as have active acne anymore, but a good amount of red marks left from the affliction. I use a BeautySkin lamp for about 15 to 30 minutes a day, take tetracycline and my suma homepathic suppliments and apply adapalene cream every night. My Mum wants to buy me a facial sauna to cause me to sweat more and clear my pores more easily but I'm not sure. I've had a browse around these forums and heard very mixed comments, some saying they caused them to break out and others claiming that a week of sweating is enough to reduce acne almost completely.

So, have facial saunas worked for you? Please give me your feedback, I don't want my Mum to waste her money.

whats the difference between a facial sauna and a $15 humidifier? I got one from walmart dead cheep and I was using it for awhile to steam my face.

I think it helps to clear up your skin, but I think it can have some adverse reactions on sensitive / aged/older skin (causing spider veins etc.)

overall I think steam/sweating is great for your skin.