Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boomers

FDA approved lasers for acne scarring

Just wondering if anyone knows if the other laser systems out there like affirm, pixel, active fx, ipl, etc. etc. have also been FDA approved to treat acne scarring or is Fraxel Re:store (SR 1500) the only one?

If Fraxel is the only one FDA approved then wouldnt that be the best and safest laser to choose? Or are the lasers that come out after the re:store better at treating acne scars?

i mean science doesn't move backwards right? does this mean systems that came out after like affirm or fraxel re:pair are better and safer to treat acne scars?

Just wondering if anyone knows if the other laser systems out there like affirm, pixel, active fx, ipl, etc. etc. have also been FDA approved to treat acne scarring or is Fraxel Re:store (SR 1500) the only one?

If Fraxel is the only one FDA approved then wouldnt that be the best and safest laser to choose? Or are the lasers that come out after the re:store better at treating acne scars?

i mean science doesn't move backwards right? does this mean systems that came out after like affirm or fraxel re:pair are better and safer to treat acne scars?

In my opinion Re:store and Re:pair are for totally different purposed. I wouldn't touch an Ablative laser like Re:pair ever.

In my opinion Re:store and Re:pair are for totally different purposed. I wouldn't touch an Ablative laser like Re:pair ever.

What will be great about the Re:Pair, is that one treatment is all you need, keeping in mind if Re:Pair proves to be as good, or better, than 5 Re:Store treatments.

I have no idea what the Fraxel Re:pair is vaporizing (scar tissue? fat?), but I don't see the need for most scarring except the most severe.

I might do one Re:store to my entire face to help out pores and smaller imperfections. My regime itself is probably more effective than 5 Re:stores combined though.

I have no idea what the Fraxel Re:pair is vaporizing (scar tissue? fat?), but I don't see the need for most scarring except the most severe.

I might do one Re:store to my entire face to help out pores and smaller imperfections. My regime itself is probably more effective than 5 Re:stores combined though.

Its the same as the original CO2. It vaporizes the top surface of the skin. However it just does it fractionally now, so there is less downtime. The skin that does not get touched rushes in and begins healing the tissue that does get lasered. I saw your regime and it looks like it may help. I would say that your getting the most results probably from the amino acids in the protein shakes and your diet. I too bodybuild and I know that amino acids can do amazing things and a few of the essential aminos have an effect on collagen and tissue repair. I would say that your regime may be as good as the Re:Store, but the Re:Pair sounds like it will help alot of scar sufferers out. I don't think that the Re:Store is all that great for acne scars. Too few people see reults and you need to go in for too many treatments to see the minimal results.

so is the newest fraxel re:pair fractional co2 or is it fully ablative?

This was my understanding of the so called "non-ablative" lasers.

The fraxel re:store and any other fractional laser out there is ablative it's just partially or fractionally ablative. Instead it ablates tiny microscopic holes in ur face leaving healthy skin surrounding the ablated parts to promote quicker healing. thats why they recommend like 5 treatments because each treatment only ablates like 20% of your skin.

I guess the laser companies think they can sell it as non ablative because it doesnt fully ablate....what abunch of sneaky bastids.

I guess the laser companies think they can sell it as non ablative because it doesnt fully ablate....what abunch of sneaky bastids.

Except that the restore is actually non-ablative...

The Fraxel® Laser is a 30watt, diode pumped, 1,550nm erbium fiber laser that targets water as its chromophore. Utilizing the concept of fractional treatment 70-100um wide and 250-800um deep, microthermal zones (MTZs) of tissue coagulation are produced. Tissue is not vaporized and the stratum corneum remains intact.

The Fraxel® Laser is a 30watt, diode pumped, 1,550nm erbium fiber laser that targets water as its chromophore. Utilizing the concept of fractional treatment 70-100um wide and 250-800um deep, microthermal zones (MTZs) of tissue coagulation are produced. Tissue is not vaporized and the stratum corneum remains intact.

ok.... so... how is any resurfacing procedure not ablative? how can they "resurface" your skin without "ablating" it? maybe by a magic wand perhaps?.... if tissue isnt vaporized then i wonder why ur skin turns red and peels.... what is ur source? prolly from the laser manufacturer's website no?

lol cuz burning tiny microscopic holes in ur face isnt ablative or invasive right? zonk i think ur genious....

"except that the restore is actually non-ablative..." could u sound more like a pompous ass next time? you sound like a rep. from valiant.

ok.... so... how is any resurfacing procedure not ablative? how can they "resurface" your skin without "ablating" it? maybe by a magic wand perhaps?.... if tissue isnt vaporized then i wonder why ur skin turns red and peels.... what is ur source? prolly from the laser manufacturer's website no?

lol cuz burning tiny microscopic holes in ur face isnt ablative or invasive right? zonk i think ur genious....

"except that the restore is actually non-ablative..." could u sound more like a pompous ass next time? you sound like a rep. from valiant.

i sound like a pompous ass, because i hate it when people don't do any research and make completely incorrect claims while bashing something they clearly know nothing about. it took me all of 1 minute to find that quote. no, it was not from the company's website.

also just because i sound like a pompous ass doesn't mean i'm wrong, especially considering there's a whole category of lasers that are used for non-ablative resurfacing...

My source is my keyboard, as I am able to type www.google.com into my address bar:

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl=e...amp;btnG=Search

yet another magniloquent response.... thanx yea ok so just because a website publishes it you automatically assume it's a fact? i bet u watch fox news every night too..... do u realize how much money is behind this? of course they'll tell you it's safe and there's no risk

and ur wrong again zonk ive done so much research on lasers and have done them as well while it took you 1 min to find that i look beyond the words and ask myself whos going to benefit from them i unlike you dont believe everything i read or hear because i am not a fool

yea ok so its safer than traditional lasers that doesnt mean it isnt ablative if it doesnt ablate then why have people gotten more scars from a "non-ablative" procedure? if it doesnt affect the epidermis then there should be absolutely no risk of further scarring.

fractional lasers ablate columns of your skin u idiot... it doesn't fully ablate yes but it is is still ablative

and maybe u can answer my previous question how is burning tiny microscopic holes in your face not ablative or invasive?

are u a monkey zonk? because monkeys can type in google.com as well :lol:

I feel like the replies posted in this thread prove that people need to, individually, do major research about the procedures they undergo or even the topicals they use.

One reason people have had so little success is that they try to use inferior productsto try to treat very specific and complicated problems. I don't have much sympathy for people complaining about a lack of results after only 2 or 3 fraxel treatments, when it is already known you should have 4-5 before even assessing your results. Furthermore, I don't have sympathy for those who complain about a lack of results on their scars after undergoing an IPL treatment.

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TREATING & DO YOUR RESEARCH ON POSSIBLE TREATMENTS BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY & COMPLAIN. It's common sense.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Boomers you are wrong and sound like a fool. Take Zonk's advice, be a monkey & use google to do some reliable research. Unless monkeys are smarter than you......

Like I've said above, I won't do Fraxel Re:Pair because it's ablative - it vaporizes tissue.

I might do Fraxel Re:store because it does not, but rather heat up tissue causing a reparative response, triggering collagen growth.

yet another magniloquent response.... thanx yea ok so just because a website publishes it you automatically assume it's a fact? i bet u watch fox news every night too..... do u realize how much money is behind this? of course they'll tell you it's safe and there's no risk

and ur wrong again zonk ive done so much research on lasers and have done them as well while it took you 1 min to find that i look beyond the words and ask myself whos going to benefit from them i unlike you dont believe everything i read or hear because i am not a fool

so you did extensive research and came out with the wrong conclusion. what does that say about you?

yea ok so its safer than traditional lasers that doesnt mean it isnt ablative if it doesnt ablate then why have people gotten more scars from a "non-ablative" procedure? if it doesnt affect the epidermis then there should be absolutely no risk of further scarring.

fractional lasers ablate columns of your skin u idiot... it doesn't fully ablate yes but it is is still ablative

and maybe u can answer my previous question how is burning tiny microscopic holes in your face not ablative or invasive?

are u a monkey zonk? because monkeys can type in google.com as well :lol:

not a monkey, but a biotech venture capitalist who invests in these types of companies (and currently working on an aesthetic laser company investment). trust me, i know much more than you do.

nice try, though.

i will leave it at that, since it's clear you're one of those people who is so ignorant that you don't even realize your own ignorance.

Like I've said above, I won't do Fraxel Re:Pair because it's ablative - it vaporizes tissue.

I might do Fraxel Re:store because it does not, but rather heat up tissue causing a reparative response, triggering collagen growth.

Even though it is ablative it tiggers collagen growth even more than the Fraxel II. The original CO2 laser was very harsh and pretty scary of a procedure. The Re:Pair like the Deep FX is fractional and it triggers collagen growth well beyond any laser out to date. I think to really treating acne scars you need to ablate the skin a bit. Look at the how high the energy settings have to be on the Fraxel II. It leaves your face so raw at those settings. I would say that it is ablating the skin. Procedures done with the Fraxel II with low settings won't even touch most acne scars. They are stubborn and need agressive treatment. Even look at TCA Cross, Subcision, Punches. They seem like friendly treatments, but they are pretty aggressive as well. This is all my opinion and what I feel is right for scarring.

id rather be ignorant than arrogant south pole

zonk... lets end this pointless feud shall we? ok so i was wrong it is not ablative, but i have done research as well and read that it is non-ablative but to me when a laser burns tiny holes in your face and carries a risk of additional scarring to me that "seems" like an ablative procedure.

my apologies for the personal attacks but in all fairness your responses were quite arrogant

southpole... i dont know where you get off thinking u can insult me. I can understand why zonk would but you on the other hand insulted me out of no where.

do you do that in normal everyday situations? you hear two people arguing over something and u walk up to one of them and call them a fool?

im not here to make enemies or friends i just want to do some research to fix some mild scarring and enlarged pores... call me ignorant or a fool if you wish but i will no longer respond to negativity or arrogance.

id rather be ignorant than arrogant south pole

zonk... lets end this pointless feud shall we? ok so i was wrong it is not ablative, but i have done research as well and read that it is non-ablative but to me when a laser burns tiny holes in your face and carries a risk of additional scarring to me that "seems" like an ablative procedure.

my apologies for the personal attacks but in all fairness your responses were quite arrogant

southpole... i dont know where you get off thinking u can insult me. I can understand why zonk would but you on the other hand insulted me out of no where.

do you do that in normal everyday situations? you hear two people arguing over something and u walk up to one of them and call them a fool?

im not here to make enemies or friends i just want to do some research to fix some mild scarring and enlarged pores... call me ignorant or a fool if you wish but i will no longer respond to negativity or arrogance.

dude ur posts sound much more arrogant and condescending than anyone else's posts. u go off at everyone like theyre talking about your mother. chill and stop the hypocrisy.

but at least u admitted to your mistakes so thats a redeeming factor

bleh

i was gonna rant on and on about how i was provoked and thats why i sound like such a dick and blah blah blah but what's the point some one will always be here in this world that is gonna piss me off

so fuck it

i dont care anymore