Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
em2009

Spontaneous formation of Keloid Scars

I had a few keloid scars before my first round of accutane from acne and after that I got even more. After my first round my back was clear. I have developed more scars throughout the past year and a half but these formed out of nowhere. Does anyone have any idea of what i can do to help my skin from forming more keloid scars? My dermatologist is puzzled. They are experimenting with me. I got injections of 5 FU on one shoulder and the other I use Aldara on six scars and cover three with duct tape.

I am starting a diet today. I am actually very excited. Hard to believe. I decided I don't want to buy food with my roommates anymore because they buy cheap fatty and high carb foods. Half of the food in our freezer is hashbrowns and fries whichi rarely eat anyways. I don't think they understand but that's tough.

I've often speculated this myself, but unfortunately, I don't think there is anything one can do to prevent keloids. I have some that have formed from acne lesions, but most of them are just random. It all boils down to genetic makeup. Annoyingly enough, no one else in my family gets keloids... :think:

Same here, no one in my family has keloids either. My mom is puzzled by the fact that I have them and no one else in our family does.

Same here, no one in my family has keloids either. My mom is puzzled by the fact that I have them and no one else in our family does.

Accutane can do all sorts of screwed up shit like this. It messes around with so many parts of the body. I myself have Spontaneous hypertrophic scars on my cheeks....It's great fun, been happening for a year now.

I am also a keloid sufferer :( .. how is your progress coming along? any success?

hi all

i believe aldara has to combined with surgery ok, ( applied up to 8 weeks after removal).

meant to work wonders ! :D

I am also a keloid sufferer :( .. how is your progress coming along? any success?

The 5 FU is helping the keloid scars go down. I don't know what the aldara is supposed to do but other than the keloids flattening I don't see anymore changes.