Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have noticed that some of the more well know brands are doing Mineral makeup - especially in the UK. L'oreal, Revlon and even Avon.

Is it any good, I have tried it once I used bare essentuals but found it made my skin more oily and plus I didnt get a very good shade.

I wondered if others found they didnt suit them ? Or any tips on how to use it correctly

I have noticed that some of the more well know brands are doing Mineral makeup - especially in the UK. L'oreal, Revlon and even Avon.

Is it any good, I have tried it once I used bare essentuals but found it made my skin more oily and plus I didnt get a very good shade.

I wondered if others found they didnt suit them ? Or any tips on how to use it correctly

hey,i would stay away from them brands of "mineral*makeups as you cant really call them minerals as they have so many unnecessary ingredients.its just a marketing scam....the bare essentuals makeup isnt meant to be that great anyway cause it contains Bismuth oxychloride,which is an irritant to the skin.if you wanna try a really good mineral makeup thats available in the UK,try lily lolo,their products are great :)

I love the Physicians Formula loose powder mineral makeup. It does not have Talc (the number one thing my old dermatologist wanted me to stay away from) and after reading this and checking, does not have Bismuth Oxychloride.

I get it at Target for about $12 and the only other thing I recommend is to buy a new brush every other jar (about three months) because the brush gets kind of gross. I love the Sonya Krushik (i think that is how it is spelled) brushes also from Target.

So your saying that Bare Escentuals will destroy your face over time? Oh wow.. What about Lily Lolo, do they contain Bismuth?

And exactly how good is that Physicians Formula loose powder? :)

thanks for the responses, i did try l'oreal and it was crap.

I find it really hard to find the right shade as my skins is uneven and red and spotty :(

i will check out Lily Lilo though.

Okay...I have been using Bare Minerals for a year now, everytime I use it, I break out. I thought I was just crazy, after all...Minerals are for skin like mine, right? I have quit wearing makeup except on special occasions. I am going to try www.aromaleigh.com for makeup. They have talc-free and Bismuth Oxychloride-free makeup and you can buy samples first to make sure you like them.....they also have a Color Comparison Chart to Bare Minerals. Which is good cause I swear they have about 20+ colors to mix and match. You can customize your very own color.

I have to find shampoos without moisturizers or anything special. I usually do best with cleansing formulas. I heard Burts Bees has a shampoo without Sodium Laurel Sulfates or SLS which most people with acne prone or sensitive skin are allergic to. I am trying to let my hair grow out but I have to keep it pulled back off of my face (what's the point, right?) because it breaks me out. I can't use conditioners or styling products on my hair either.

I just found this website yesterday and rushed to the store to buy the On The Spot stuff. I noticed a small difference overnight. I use bar soap and moisturizer from a website. Their moisturizer was the first moisterizer to not make my skin break out more. And their soap is addictive and wonderful to shave with. www.no-acne.com be sure to use the hyphen, it should redirect you to Carley's Clear & Smooth. I use the natural soap. You get 5 bars for $22 but every order comes with a bar...I think. So if you order the moisturizer...you get a bar of soap for free. The Daytime Moisturizer for acne prone skin is great. Big bottle for $16. It is the first beauty product other than a can of hairspray that I have used to the last drop, thanks to my skin being so sensitive. Okay, I'm rambling.......Hope this helps.

does anyone know where i can find a good mineral makeup without bismuth oxychloride... but i dont want to order the makeup online. :think: