Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LZA

Mucus forming foods

The past several months I have had an extreme increase in mucus production. I have had to clear it out of my throat several times a day. I'm convinced that this is the result of my newly meat centered diet, a diet which I am also convinced has let me have clearer skin than ever. But it doesn't seem right that there is this crazy mucus problem.

Anyone else have similar experiences or recommendations on dealing with it? It is truly frustrating.

The mucus might be related to a different factor rather then food. Maybe you are just discovering a new thing you could be allergic to. Or the air you choose to breathe in is a little dirty.

The past several months I have had an extreme increase in mucus production. I have had to clear it out of my throat several times a day. I'm convinced that this is the result of my newly meat centered diet, a diet which I am also convinced has let me have clearer skin than ever. But it doesn't seem right that there is this crazy mucus problem.

Anyone else have similar experiences or recommendations on dealing with it? It is truly frustrating.

Everyone is different, but IMO the meat is not your problem. I'm not sure if there's somewhere you can look up what types of foods cause excess mucus, but I do know for a fact that dairy is a huge culprit; perhaps somehow you were exposed to it? Protein powder maybe or a new supplement?