Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasher

how to get rid of redmarks?

Don't do anything for redmarks while on Accutane. Just take the medicine. Don't mess around with your skin.

well that's really NOT the answer i was looking for, but i trust you know what you're talking about and come to think of it, my derm said something similar. ("don't use any topicals")

i do hear about emu oil being used though... currently i use cetaphil as a moisturizer... is emu oil also a moisturizer that happens to get rid of red marks? becuase i "mess with my skin" by moisturizing, and maybe i should just be using a better one.

let me know how you feel about various moisturizers and emu oil, please.

Don't do anything for redmarks while on Accutane. Just take the medicine. Don't mess around with your skin.

What he said.

well that's really NOT the answer i was looking for, but i trust you know what you're talking about and come to think of it, my derm said something similar. ("don't use any topicals")

i do hear about emu oil being used though... currently i use cetaphil as a moisturizer... is emu oil also a moisturizer that happens to get rid of red marks? becuase i "mess with my skin" by moisturizing, and maybe i should just be using a better one.

let me know how you feel about various moisturizers and emu oil, please.

Fine. Use emu oil. It gets rid of red marks. Go and take a shower in a tub of emu oil. Happy?

okay...now for a nicer reply...you can use moisturizers such as jojoba oil..avacodo oil...or emu oil to help the red marks. i dont really recomend using them by themselves...so mix them into ur moisturizer.

also...stick with the cetaphil.

okay...now for a nicer reply...you can use moisturizers such as jojoba oil..avacodo oil...or emu oil to help the red marks. i dont really recomend using them by themselves...so mix them into ur moisturizer.

also...stick with the cetaphil.

I second beeny!

I use a little jojoba with my morning cetiphil for the day which really helps to keep the flakes at bay. And then at night I wash with cetiphil and then apply a thin layer of emu oil let it sit for about twenty minutes and then follow it up with cetiphil cream. I have had a complete turnaround with the dry skin/flaking and I also think that it has helped with my red flushing.

hope this helps.

oh by the way does anyone know where I can buy a "vat" of emu oil so that I can take that shower with it???? Thanks!