Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Has anyone taken larger quantities of Chromium and seen results?

Chromium is a vitamin that regulates insulin levels... It is used with great success by diabetes.

I took 1 pill of chromium per day a year ago, but didnt notice a difference in my acne.

I'm wondering if anyone has taken larger quantities of Chromium and what their experience was.

By large quantities, I mean about three pills of Chromium per day or more.

What's your dosage right now? I got some 800 mcg chromium pills last night because I hear it helps with weight loss... if it can help with acne too, what a bonus! :)

I've never tried a chronium supplement myself but I wonder if there is a difference between taking a pill supplement vs a liquid supplement, as I've heard that only 150mcg of liquid chronium is recommended to "fight" acne. :eh:

Chromium is a vitamin...

Yeah, chromium is a "vitamin". Let's start calling it vitamin C! :D

BTW, I suggest that you NOT start taking large doses of chromium.

Why do you suggest that I dont start taking large doses of Chromium? And how much are you considering a large dose? Please give references with your reply. I've researched that Chromium is safe up to 1000 mcg per day.

"Chromium picolinate is the form of chromium that stands out in the research. In one well-designed 1997 study involving 180 people with diabetes, the group that took 1,000 mcg chromium (as chromium picolinate) per day experienced what can only be described as “spectacular†results—a drop in blood sugar, insulin and hemoglobin A1c levels to near normal after just four months! This is something that medications could not achieve.

A follow-up study with 833 people with diabetes who took 500 mcg chromium (as chromium picolinate) per day found similar drops in blood sugar levels. In addition, more than 85 percent of the patients reported improvements in the common diabetic symptoms of excessive thirst, frequent urination and fatigue."

Lipoic Acid: Alpha-lipoic acid also is therapeutic for diabetes because it lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, reduces insulin resistance, and improves insulin sensitivity. Supplements of 600 mg, taken twice daily, can lower glucose and improve the efficiency of its burning. High doses of alpha-lipoic acid have also been found to improve insulin sensitivity—that is, insulin’s effectiveness—by an average of 27 percent in overweight diabetic patients. Sushil K. Jain, Ph.D., of the Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, has demonstrated how alpha-lipoic acid raises levels of glucose-burning enzymes and doubles cells’ ability to burn glucose. In addition, alpha-lipoic acid reduces levels of hemoglobin A1c, a marker of protein glycation (sugar-damaged proteins that age cells).