Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daniel9876

red face also a question about zinc

well im not sure if this is the right place for this post as there is a subforum on this site called rosita and redness but i looked at pics of rosita and figured that was not what i had, but my face is a red colour because of the years of acne.

and i would like someone to suggest something that worked for them.

i read that emu oil and zinc glucise (not sure how it was spelt) was good for this so i found a british site that sold emu oil and bought some it has changed my face from like bright red to a red colour however it seems to have stopped at that point.

as for the zinc thing i can only find zinc oxide does this work fine?

i have looked though the forums by using the search button but cant find anything anywhere more specific to my problem its mostly all about red marks left afterwards which i use a string bp for.

any help would be appreciated

i actually take 50mg tablets of zinc/per and i think it has improved my skin a lot. it has healing properties.

no they're just zinc supplements from cvs pharmacy i think? they say "zinc 50mg for immune system"

i started taking the zinc at the end of january and after a few weeks noticed that active acne was disappearing much faster than usual, and my redmarks seemed to go away too. not sure if contributed but my skin did seem to heal much quicker.

no they're just zinc supplements from cvs pharmacy i think? they say "zinc 50mg for immune system"

i started taking the zinc at the end of january and after a few weeks noticed that active acne was disappearing much faster than usual, and my redmarks seemed to go away too. not sure if contributed but my skin did seem to heal much quicker.

i started taking Zinc Glucnose (dunno if thats how its spelt) two weeks ago and i would reccomend it to anyone with hyperpigmentation or discoloration. it has improved my skin color at least 40-50% already and i havent broken out since (only one big pimple). i take a 50mg tablet daily, please try this....

i started taking Zinc Glucnose (dunno if thats how its spelt) two weeks ago and i would reccomend it to anyone with hyperpigmentation or discoloration. it has improved my skin color at least 40-50% already and i havent broken out since (only one big pimple). i take a 50mg tablet daily, please try this....

200mg???? That is a little too much isn't it? or did you mean 20mg? Too much Zinc can be toxic. And you won't notice the effects for awhile. Too much of Zinc can also cause deficiency in other minerals.

Supplementation guidelines Please read that.

Excessive zinc intake will eventually affect the balance and proper ratios to numerous other important

nutrients that may include iron, calcium, selenium, nickel, phosphorus, copper, as well as Vitamin A, B1,

C, and others. It may also cause, or contribute to gastrointestinal problems, hair loss, anemia, loss of

libido, impotence, prostatitis, ovarian cysts, menstrual problems, depressed immune functions, muscle

spasms, sciatica, renal tubular necrosis / interstitial nephritis, dizziness and vomiting, among others.