Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leet

I have brown eyes- how to make them stand out better?

Hi

I have brown eyes (sorta dark brown) and i want to know what colors go well with them to make them stand out well. If something can help bring out the color, let me know.

I heard that purple helps and I have purple liner but its not that great... I also have a pink that I like but it has glitter in it.

Anyways most of the time on the weekends I wear contacts. They are dark/medium blue.

I think a navy would be good too. I really do like purple or just plain black but i think the black makes my eyes look too small. tongue.gif

I also like to make my eyes really stand out. Here's my advice:

First of all, curl your lashes. Seriously, it really makes a difference.

Second, use a light colored eyeliner on the inside corners of your eyelids. You will have to experiment to see whether it is better to line your upper or lower lids or both; it depends on the shape of your eyes. It's a trick I learned while doing Theater in highschool. Actors put white dots in the corners of there eyes to make them stand out on stage. But you don't want a dot, you want to line the inside third or quarter of the lid, and not with a really dramatic line, more like a broad smudged one. I use silver/whitish liner because my eyes are blue, but you might try a gold toned one or even a light purple or pink or light green or whatever, depending on what really works for you.

Hope this helps,

Minnie

dark green eyeshadow looks great with brown eyes, and i agree with the lash curling too.

it also depends on your skin tone.

if your very fair stick to lighter, more neutral colours, but if you are a bit darker you can get away with bolder shades.

I have light brown eyes and i usually wear something sparkley.... like powder sparkles. Doesn't matter cheap or not cheap just aslong as they sparkle. Add a black eyeliner on ur upper eyelides (thinly), this works great for me.

last year, i bought a purple eyeliner, and it's become my trademark! i have brown eyes like you, and decided to experiment with eyeliners. i found this brightish purple one by clinique, and i wear it most days. i still get compliments for it, even though i've been wearing it for a year! i just line the bottom of my eye with it and forget about it. it seems to work!

also, white eyeliner also complements anybody's eyes

I think black, brown, any dark color will also make your eye pop out. It's all the way you put on the eye liner. To make your eye seem to be bigger, just apply eye liner only to your outer ends of your eye. Also, i heard that if you put a light color like beige,for your eye shadow, it helps out with the effect.

I used to do make artistry, and sell makeup at department stores.

Purple is the best for brown eyes, generally.

You can go for pupleish colors that are more earth toned when you want to be more subtle.

You might even try a purple mascara.

If you don't want to be too wild you can apply a purple mascara under a brown or black mascara.

There are also some subtle purple mascaras (Paula Dorf has a nice one, I forget what it is called).

mz_minnie is right about curling your lashes - do it!

But always curl your lashes before applying any product, that makes sure that they are not brittle and likely to break.

Also, the comments about coloring are important. Greens and golds can be great for brown eyes too.

Another nice trick is the little bit of sparkle and/or lighter color shadow dabbed on the center of the eyelid (I think it works best with the finger).

this will draw attention toward the center of the eye and make it appear bigger.

If your eyes are small, you may want to stay away from lining the bottom of your eye, as this will create a border that makes your eye appear smaller.

There is good advice here from lots of posts, I would play around and see what works for you.

Good luck.

biggrin.gif

Umm, I'm reading from comsopolitan here, and it says that "antyhing from rich cobalt to bright azures to aquas and gorgeous pastel baby blues, can make brown eyes really stand out and look amazing."

Basically colours that contrast to your eye colour, which make them appear brighter.

Also if you're going to wear blue contacts, try using bronze or golden shades or earthly brown shades.