Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

How many of you are sugar/dairy/wheat free?

I been doing this for months now and I see a great difference in my skin im almost 95%-99% clear. its funny b/c every alternative i use like almond butter instead of peanut butter actual tastes better.. im really liking my lifestyle changes... i reccomend everyone to make these changes.. because even if you have mild acne and diet doesn't affect your acne.. most breads and foods that have wheat also have high fructose corn sryup which isn't good for your body. with wheat free products the other ingredients they use are always healthy. Good luck to everyone.

I wish I could discipline myself like that but I just cannot. I find certain foods therapeutic. When Im sad, they make me feel better. Bread is one of those foods.

Bread is one of the "comfort" foods they say. I know a few people who just can't

give it up 'cause it makes them feel better, understandable since their skin is okay.

But my clear skin makes me feel better :D

I am Vegan, so don't eat dairy. I have cut WAY back on sugar. I have a few tsps. in my tiny bit of a.m. coffee. Honestly, I have a huge sweet tooth and cannot completely cut out sugar. It is in a lot of foods already. The best I can do is stay away from it as much as possible. I think it is one of the biggest contributors of acne.

I only eat Ezekial's breads... they are made from sprouted grains which are better for you. I have had no problems since eating them. I NEVER eat white bread and try to stay away from things made with white flour in general.

Another nice thing to try -- as a substitution for white pasta -- Japanese Soba noodles! Eden Soy makes a really good one. They have some made with soy, others with Kamut and wheat. They only take about 6 mins. to cook and are AMAZING. They sell them in most grocery stores, but I buy mine in bulk, online.

I also buy EdenSoy soymilk and Tamari soy sauce online, in bulk. I don't use regular salt, only Tamari and sea salt in cooking.

I feel SO much better inside and out, now that I have cut out all the junk and eat organically! :dance:

I been doing this for months now and I see a great difference in my skin im almost 95%-99% clear. its funny b/c every alternative i use like almond butter instead of peanut butter actual tastes better.. im really liking my lifestyle changes... i reccomend everyone to make these changes.. because even if you have mild acne and diet doesn't affect your acne.. most breads and foods that have wheat also have high fructose corn sryup which isn't good for your body. with wheat free products the other ingredients they use are always healthy. Good luck to everyone.

sadly those alternatives are way too expensive... so probably I will start a better diet once I find a good job, right now I'm a college student ;)

Yep, I'm not eating any carbs what so ever.. only meats, healthy fats and veggies.

To be honest it's driving me crazy to not eat any carbs at all. I think I'm going to start making my own ezekiel bread and see what happens.

from a site "Wheat products (wheat flour, bread, pasta, pastries, wheat cereals, nutrition bars and other foods listing wheat or flour as an ingredient) cause a sudden increase in blood sugar called hyperglycemia. This results in the production of insulin, causing insulin-induced skin inflammation within the follicles. It stimulates cellular growth, resulting in cellular debris that block the follicles and promote acne infections" at any good healthfod store they also have wheat free snacks and cereals I tried the cereal and it tastes great with almond milk.

I kind of had the decision made for me, when I discovered I was "fructose intolerant" (yeah, weird!). So, no wheat or sugar for me. Only some dairy: plain kefir and a little cheese, which have most of the lactose cultured out of them.

Since avoiding these foods, I've seen great improvements in my skin. But I'm not sure how much of that was specific to my weird malady, and how much is generalizable to people in general. I also eat a lot of leafy greens and fish, so that may also contribute to the improvement.

For what it's worth, I make bread with rye and rice flour, and it's really tasty!! I toast it then slather with either butter or avocado oil, or just eat it in soft, chewy chunks. Mmmm (goes to bake more bread). In case you're afraid of losing bread with the wheat, there may be hope in alternatives. :)

I kind of had the decision made for me, when I discovered I was "fructose intolerant" (yeah, weird!). So, no wheat or sugar for me. Only some dairy: plain kefir and a little cheese, which have most of the lactose cultured out of them.

Since avoiding these foods, I've seen great improvements in my skin. But I'm not sure how much of that was specific to my weird malady, and how much is generalizable to people in general. I also eat a lot of leafy greens and fish, so that may also contribute to the improvement.

For what it's worth, I make bread with rye and rice flour, and it's really tasty!! I toast it then slather with either butter or avocado oil, or just eat it in soft, chewy chunks. Mmmm (goes to bake more bread). In case you're afraid of losing bread with the wheat, there may be hope in alternatives. :)

Good question, I don't know! :) It may indeed have gluten. My problem is actually with the types sugars in wheat and its relatives, and not the gluten (which is a protein, I think?). So rye is fine for me. But if you're celiac, it certainly bears investigating, first.

That is a good question, though: by referring to wheat avoidance here, are we talking wheat, specifically, or gluten?

Since i work etc I can now buy my own foods.

my parents always buy sugars , wheat stuff... and i have to eat it...

my parents don't eat healthy. :( , nothing i can do. But they did bought proactiv solution for me which helped me ;)

But thx to internet i learned alot :) , !!! And still learning what to buy etc

I wanna learn making healthy stuff in the blend ;)

I also wanna learn to cook healthy :)

I wonder if it's bad to eat canned tuna and sardines.. since is the kind of fish I eat (sometimes salmon fillet) I eat those as snacks.. but if they're bad then....

to answer your question canned tuna and sardines are great for you. I have them atleast 2-3 times a week. I find with myself and alot of people we doubt if eating certain foods are good.. just learn to relax and eat things in moderation.. If you stay away from the main acne triggers then i feel you will be fine.

I wonder if it's bad to eat canned tuna and sardines.. since is the kind of fish I eat (sometimes salmon fillet) I eat those as snacks.. but if they're bad then....

Ezekiel bread is awesome. I don't think it's technically gluten free so if you are a true celiac you should probably avoid it, but I can't tolerate even most whole wheat bread and I have no problem from the Ezekiel bread whatsoever. It's that specific brand though...for some reason other sprouted grain breads give me that kind of sour feeling in my stomach and slight dizziness also--probably higher gluten content. I think the Ezekiel bread is really low glycemic index-- if you hold it in your mouth for a while, it doesn't get that sweet acidic taste of carbs being broken down that regular breads do. Anyway I urge everyone to give it a try if it's for sale near you...it's so delightful to eat some kind of bread again. You really need to toast it...it just does not taste good plain, but toasted I think it's pretty nice. Since the grains are sprouted, it has a high b-vitamin concentration and a good amount of protein. Anyway, I've really become enamored with it, hehe.

I've found that whole grains aren't really a problem for me if I get adequate protein also..some people just like to avoid them altogether but I think they have too much nutritional benefit to pass up...quinoa, millet, brown rice, whole oats, etc...unless you actually have celiac disease, which is very rare, even wheat-derived grain like couscous might not bother you...I think most people have trouble more with the high glycemic index of processed grains than the gluten itself. Grains often get a bad rap around here.. these all-meat diets are pretty ridiculous to me. If your diet begins with the word 'all', how healthy can it be...we're omnivorses! You just need to make sure to also get enough protein, though...excluding all meats is just as unhealthy as anything else--I learned this the hard way when I stopped eating meat for Lent- within 2 weeks I felt really ill.

But I do avoid added sugars and dairy almost completely.

I've cut out wheat, and also most other grains except for occassional rice. Sugar is completely gone from my diet, except for in the foods it comes with naturally, and I've also cut out all artificial sweeteners. I'm also planning on cutting out dairy soon; there's too much evidence against it being the health food that it supposedly is.