Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanscape

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream With 5% Urea

I saw someone recommend this as a moisturiser for the regimine. However, it does not see it is non-comedogenic? Is it definitely okay to use?

Anyone recommend any other moisturisers that can be used for the regimine and bought online in the UK?

Thanks!

If you look around the forums, many people say that the Eucerin stuff doesn't clog their pores even though the label doesn't say it is non-comedogenic.

I personally use the 'Simple' Light Hydrating moisturiser and it doesn't clog pores, you can get it in Boots or order it online from their site.

If you are wanting to order something online from the US try the cetaphil moisturizer, Dan's moisturizer from this site or Lac-Hydrin 5. All thee seem to have favourable reviews and even though I don't know any specific sites just search and you will find stores that will ship internationally.

The Eucerin moisturiser is a really good moisturiser, especially if you are using BP. It will greatly help any dry patches you have, although you may find your skin turns a little red and stings for about 10 minutes for the first week or so of use. This is fairly normal. It's definitely non-comodegenic. I think the reason the bottle doesn't say this, is because it's really been designed for people who have very dry skin, as opposed to suffering from acne. It just has the added bonus of being great for acne prone skin :D

If you're not using BP, you may find that the Eucerin makes your skin too shiny. I know when I stopped using BP, I switched moisturiser to the Simple Light Hydrating Moisturiser as I found my skin looked really shiny within a couple of hours of applying it.

If you're not using BP, you may find that the Eucerin makes your skin too shiny. I know when I stopped using BP, I switched moisturiser to the Simple Light Hydrating Moisturiser as I found my skin looked really shiny within a couple of hours of applying it.

i used eucerin dry skin relief cream right through my accutane course and it helped the dry skin far better than any other products and it did not cause me any redness or new acne. i still use it now when my skin is dry.

I may try out the Eucerin stuff as my night moisturiser because I still feel my face could be a little less dry. I'm not too bothered about my face looking shiny or anything at night, I just hate when it's really obvious I have something on during the daytime.

It's like £10 at Boots which is quite steep for the size, how long do you reckon the stuff lasts if used all over the face once a day?

That's a good plan actually. It is a really great moisturiser, I just found my skin was pretty shiny when I stopped using BP. If you are using BP, then it should be ok even during the day.

£10 is about the average price for a tube, so don't bother about shopping around. Boots often have it on offer, so keep your eyes peeled! A tube used to last me over a month when I was using it once a day. I found I didn't need a moisturiser at night so only used it in the morning.

Hope this helps.

I love the calming cream!! My derm gave it to me cuz i have oily skin that gets super dry in places and it's really helped to balance out my skin:) Plus it comes is a pretty big bottle and lasts a long time :dance:

I love the calming cream!! My derm gave it to me cuz i have oily skin that gets super dry in places and it's really helped to balance out my skin:) Plus it comes is a pretty big bottle and lasts a long time :dance: