Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkie

Other Mineral Makeup Brands

Anyone tried Alima Mineral Make up or the other mineral makeup brands like Ferro Cosmetics?

-Any comments on their products?

-Any irritation from using or does it trigger acne?

-How diff are they from EM?

I really like Alima products! have used Alima for over 2 years!

they give ample amounts of product for samples, super fast shipping too!

Lots of colors etc to choose from.

No irritation for me! I would recommend!

EM broke me out when I tried it :(

I have been using the Physicians Formula for about two years now and love it. It's medium coverage but I found I really like the coverage better if I use a small brush and heavily (to the point of having spots on your face) apply to my red spots. Then I take my big powder brush, dip, tap and swirl on my face (same way they say for bare minerals). As I swirl the heavy spots blend into the rest of my face and still offer ample coverage to my blemishes without making it look fake.

I do have to touch up at the end of a long day at work though if I plan on going out or whatever. But I think that is true for most makeup. In my purse I carry the Physicians Formula pressed powder and a travel brush. I also use the PF mineral blush.

My sister and friend are converts from bare minerals and some other one I don't remember.

Have anyone tried Emani?here are their igridients.

Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Give Joppa a try. I am loving their Morning Dew foundation it has a bronzer in it and it makes my skin look super healthy. Make sure that you check out their coupon section for discounts.

I love love love Aromaleigh mineral makeup! It's a small company online that doesn't test on animals. Their products are so wonderful. You can order samples of products and try them out before purchasing full size. If you want crazy ass colors for eyeshadows, they have it. lol. At first I was really hesitate about trying any kind of mineral makeup because I didn't want to break out from the stuff, but this stuff has worked well for me in the past.

http://www.aromaleigh.com/

I reommend neutrogena skin clearing or healthy skin foundation+concealer.

I tried everyday mineral, it's too drying. Powder foundation is no good for dry face.

I have very light, and EXTREMELY dry skin, especially near red spots, so what i do is apply Jojoba oil (Desert Essence), then after about 10 minutes, I use Loreal True Match concealer only on the red spots (dont rub--only tap it on with your finger), then I use the Loreal bare naturale mineral makeup in Soft Ivory, it is very light and since i use Jojoba oil, no dry spots show through, yet somehow it covers my redness. What i like about Loreal is that it doesnt make your face shiny like other ones i've tried.

As usual you have to reapply at the end of a long day if you plan on going out. But thats fine with me because its a combination that actually works for me.

I haven't tried Everday minerals or the other ones mentioned but I have tried BareEscentuals which was on the cakey-side and I found it exacercated the the size of my pores rather than diminish the size.

Right now I am using Neutrogena Spot Concealor(used for a long time, really like the product), and I alternated between Mary Kay mineral foundation(which is a lot less cakey/ does not irritate my skin) and Mary Kay medium coverage liquid foundation(which I find conceals my large pores better). I use Neutrogena Highlighting blush on occasion too.

There is a great article about mineral make-up and good brands at cosmeticscop.com that I recommend everyone should read before paying a lot of money for make-up. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=2934

thanks for reading...