Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leet

I have brown/red scars, still want to get a tan...

I have a question.

I havent been in the sun much in the past 3 years or so. I did go out ONE day in the sun last summer and got a little tan (i tan easily being half asian)... and well i want to know how i can sorta tan and mask these scars a little more.

I have a few on my back which are light brown... but i dont worry about them. i worry about my face.

I want to darken my skin tone without darkening my scars. Now, if these scars dont go away by the summer (they are improving slowly) then will i have to spot treat like spf 50 on my scars and go out into the sun and tan that way?

Any ideas?

I have a question.

I havent been in the sun much in the past 3 years or so. I did go out ONE day in the sun last summer and got a little tan (i tan easily being half asian)... and well i want to know how i can sorta tan and mask these scars a little more.

I have a few on my back which are light brown... but i dont worry about them. i worry about my face.

I want to darken my skin tone without darkening my scars. Now, if these scars dont go away by the summer (they are improving slowly) then will i have to spot treat like spf 50 on my scars and go out into the sun and tan that way?

Any ideas?

Getting a tan will only make hyperpigmentation worse.

what is hyperpigmentation? red marks, brown marks, or both?

Exposing yourself to the Sun for even short periods of time is the absolute worse thing you can do for your skin, no matter what race you are. You might get a temporary tan that masks scars or redmarks but in time the Sun exposure will damage those areas even worse.

James

*whines* I want a tan this year because I havent had any sun hardly in the past few...

Not to be a party pooper, but the sun is the worst thing you can do for your skin. It delays healing and causes premature aging even in darker complexions. I just had a mole biopsied and and it came back positive for pre-malignant cells so I know what I am talking about. I am only in my twenties by the way. Save your skin and cover up.

Rynn

Getting a tan will only make hyperpigmentation worse.

how much sun exposure are you talking about?

where did you get this info from?

would those fake sunless tanners make hyperpigmentation worse as well? besides turning your skin orange that is...

OK i agree that sun is BaD but how come it feels soooo GOOD? i love

a beach day & its just sooo wonderful ...

OK i agree that sun is BaD but how come it feels soooo GOOD?  i love

a beach day & its just sooo wonderful ...