Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luv4DietCoke

The Best Makeup Brushes

i am soooooo perplexed on the wide array of brushes there are out there for makeup

the only brushes i use are my MAC foundation brush and blush brush which comes with the little blush compact

quite sad if ya ask me

i know they dont come cheap but a good quality brush makes your makeup look 10x better

help me out girls!

tell me what your makeup brush brands and types are that you think is an absolute must-have

i need help with this one...i seriously think my foundation brush isnt the right brush :doh:

HELP!

Everyday Minerals have great brushes. I love the long handle Kabuki and the flat top brush. :wub: They are sooo soft. Great for people with sensative skin.

Everyday Minerals have great brushes. I love the long handle Kabuki and the flat top brush. :wub: They are sooo soft. Great for people with sensative skin.

I love the bodyshop powder brush, very soft and cost $25, cheaper than the other department brand. The quality is also very good!

Can kabuki brush be used with pressed powder? I just use the sponge that comes with it but do you think the brush will create a better coverage?

all kinds of mac brushes! the 187 or something brush is amazing, its got a round head and give good coverage!

The 187 doesn't have a round head, it's the MAC skunk brush. This brush in my opinion does it all. I have one for my foundation, powder and blushes. It's perfect!

The MAC 187 brush is hands on the best brush for foundation. Im now using my old foundation brush for either concealing under my eyes or cream blush. The 187 seriously just gives a nice flawless look and Im using cream foundation.

Another vote for the 187. It deserves all the praise it gets.. I'm thinking of getting another one actually. I use it for foundation and powders (MSFs).

Oh and I also love the EverydayMinerals Long-handled kabuki brush. It's only $10 and it works really well. It's incredibly soft.

i love mu brushes, but mac is just way too expensive for me. i like all my brushes, they all do their job and doesn't shed, mostly important, wayyyy cheaper than mac.

- another vote for the skunk brush. it's such a multipurpose face brush. the skunk brush i use is called Quo bronzer brush ($15-ish on sale), it's slightly bigger than the 187. there're so many skunks out there, look for one that's soft, yet firm enough for stippling. quo brushes get really get reviews on mua, but unfortunately it's only available in canada.

- paula's choice has good cheaper brushes too, they all have super good reviews on mua. i have her contour brush ($14). it's comparable to mac 168.

- craft stores have artist painting brushes. and many have the same cut as cosmetic mu brushes: mop, round, filbert, angled, etc. there're lots of youtube videos on this. i have 2 loew-cornell maxine's mops that's comparable to mac 239 and the smaller shader brush (can't remember #).

Bobbie Brown. They're expensive, so you need to find an outlet like "off saks" (of saks fifth) that carry these types of brands for cheaper.

i have the MAC 187 brush lol

doesn't do too well with me

it did in the beginning but i guess i needed something that is more heavy duty

its only for lightweight application

i was researching a bit and found that Laura Mercier suggests to use sponges for foundation application which i find very strange

but she said that sponges have more control and are gentle on your skin

heres the website for that...

Must Have Makeup Tools

its from oprah so they gotta be legit, right? =]

anyways...keep the advice up guys!

im going to sephora today and see what brushes they have

well recently i was out looking for new makeup brushes...and the lady that was helping me told me to use synthetic makeup brushes, because ones that have *real* hair can carry bacteria and cause acne.

i know bare minerals has a synthetic foundation brush. :D

another vote for mac brushes. i love them. if you're looking for more coverage, you might want to try their 190 foundation brush or the 182 buffer brush. the 187 is incredibly awesome for the application of bronzer, blush, or powdered highlighter. i love my 187 and don't know what i'd do without it. :)

187 from mac is the most versatile face brush, you can use it to do ANYTHING from moisturizing your face to foundation, from powder to blush. it's amazing.

The mac 187 is too expensive for me. Well, I guess I am going to try the EM brushes

Joppa Minerals has wonderful brushes. They have their synthetic buffer brush on sale for $13.00, you can't beat the price.