Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I stopped at a walgreens on my way home today and came across this product called Yes To Carrots. The name intrigued me and the results it promised made me interested enough to make an impulsive buy. I got the exfoliating and soothing mask for dry to sensitive skin. My face has been looking pretty dull and pathetic as of late, so I was feeling a little desperate. I tried it just a little while ago though and I have to say that I'm liking it so far. It seemed to slough off my gruesome skin and bring things to the surface to breath. I'll keep people posted on how it goes on further use if they are interested. :)

So, now it's the middle of the week. I've used the Yes To Carrots mask almost every night and I have to say that I'm feeling very happy. I don't know if it's the exfoliating or the ingredients in the mask but I think it's really pulling the impurities out of my skin.

I have combination skin by the way, should have mentioned that before. I've had a lot of issues with finding products that won't irritate my sensitive skin. I'm pretty much allergic to most plants so all the natural ingredient products, while they sound nice, can cause just as much trouble as the chemically engineered ones. Also, I have issues with my diet effecting my skin. Some say you can eat whatever you want, but I highly disagree since apparently my body is having difficulty dispencing of toxins I get from eating certain foods. I also stress a lot, get zits, and then stress some more.

My lifestyle is changing, and I'm finding that my skin is slowly improving. I take yoga now, a good way to exercise the toxins out of the body and reduce stress (which I have a lot of since I suffer from SA). I have taken up eating more leafy greens, whether through salads, meals, or a green drink. And now, I think I'm adding this new product to my permanent list. It helps take care of what the other things can't get to fast enough. I have been using it every night. The box didn't mention how often it should be used. So far, so good. I put on a very thin layer. That's all it really takes, and I wait the five minutes to wipe it off. My skin always looks more fresh afterwards.

I'm thinking about experimenting with it as an overnight spot treatment. I'm a little apprehensive to try it midweek though. I'll keep people posted, if they are interested. It looks like a lot of people looked at this topic, but I really have no idea whether any of you actually read past the first line.

Good for you! It's always nice to see good results! I also believe that food can mess with your acne. I think to much sugar is bad for me. So I have also tried to make changes with my diet, eat more greens, get more exercise. I'm not sure if it's helping my acne or not, but I lost 22 lbs and I feel better, so I'm happy about that even though I'm still on the bp gel.

Thanks! I haven't gotten to the point where I want to try spot treatment, but I'm considering doing it tonight. I came across an article from Arizona State University that happened to discuss their research into clays helping to fight infections which made me think of the Yes to Carrots mask since it is a clay mask. Here's a link to the article if anyone's interested.

http://asunews.asu.edu/20080409_healingclay

Congrats on losing 22 lbs Jillian! Making all those lifestyle changes can be hard, but so good once you get the results. I think the whole problem with diet affecting the skin is all about finding the right balance. Sounds very new age, but if there isn't balance chemically in your body then problems arise. Too much of anything, even the required vitamins and minerals, or even not enough can leave something else in our bodies overwhelmed or lacking.

So true. It really is about finding the right balance. It's a long slow process trying to discover what affects you and what works or not. But worth it. I've also taken up yoga. I really suck at it! I'm not that flexible, but everyone has to start somewhere!

Yeah, the flexibility of some of the people in my own yoga class is scary. I'm pretty flexible, but some of the women could get the entire soles of their feet to touch the ground in downward dog. The head stands and hand stands are something I do not look forward to though. I can do a head stand for a few seconds, but hand stands.... :shock: .... no thanks. I'll just stay right here in child's pose thank you... I'm loving how yoga has helped me with stress and toning my body despite all that. I'd recommend it to anyone that doesn't want to mindlessly run or peddle on some machine. I've tried that in the past and it's no fun and all you can think about is how uncomfortable it is to sit on that plastic seat. k, moving on.

So, spot treatment with the YTC mask. I don't think it really did anything so I'm just going to stop that experiment. Meanwhile, my system got swamped with estrogen and zits are popping up here and there. The only thing saving my skin is the mask and my moisturizer.

If anyone has suggestions for helping with hormonal acne, please just direct me to any of the posts that talk about that. I've considered the birth control method but I'd rather look into something else before that.

There is a thread started in cosmetics and style about hormonal acne. Also in the adult acne forum there is a pinned thread about aleve.