Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eliebellie

Where are all of you at??!!

Every time I go to the mall, to a restaurant, to the movies, to a concert, to work, to the grocery store, etc I NEVER see anyone with acne.

For example, it was on my mind (like always) while I was at the mall today and I looked at everyone's face while I was there, I must have looked at close to 100 faces and not one had acne.

Why is that?! WHY ME?! WHY US?!

I feel completely alone in this, no one in my family has acne not even my boyfriend. :( I just hate that I have to wait three more stupid weeks before I get to start accutane.

Are you sure? I think you probably weren't looking hard enough! If I'm around a decent number of 15-25 year olds, I always spot some kind of acne on other people once I get close enough. Makeup conceals a lot of telltale textural problems that you can't spot unless you see people up close in the right light.

That said, I used to think I had it bad and was only really looking for people who had worse acne than I did, which admittedly didn't happen that often. Once I cleared up with my routine, I started looking at other peoples' skin more closely, not just looking for "do they have it worse than I do" but rather "do they have it at all", and the answer has been overwhelmingly that many people in my age group have some kind of acne. It's usually not cystic acne, sure, but the huge huge huge acne care industry wouldn't exist in the US if there wasn't a market for people insecure about their skin. You're not alone!

Hmm I usually see people with acne everywhere I go. Mild or severe there are always a few of them.

However when I was in South Korea it was really hard to find anyone with acne. I think some of them use makeup to cover up but still there were very few people with acne.

Just remember -- if they look pretty on the outside, chances are they're ugly on the inside... wink.gif lol

Every time I go to the mall, to a restaurant, to the movies, to a concert, to work, to the grocery store, etc I NEVER see anyone with acne.

For example, it was on my mind (like always) while I was at the mall today and I looked at everyone's face while I was there, I must have looked at close to 100 faces and not one had acne.

Why is that?! WHY ME?! WHY US?!

I feel completely alone in this, no one in my family has acne not even my boyfriend. :( I just hate that I have to wait three more stupid weeks before I get to start accutane.

When people don't look good as they'd like perhaps they stay in, like most of us,

that's why you don't see 'em. All I can think of, 'cause I don't like the "I'm the only

one" thing, it's illogical, and depressing.

i'm from the philippines....... why don't you go here and be happy with your skin with almost all people having some kind of acne, LOL! who knows you might be a celebrity here, :D

I don't see many people with acne, and even more rare do i see people who have it to the same extent i had.

Some of the College kids who ride my Bus have some minor acne but nothing major, the only place i seem to see people with Acne is when i'm riding the London Underground; the lighting there is very unforgiving and you can really see that a lot of people there have quite bad skin, whether it's acne, pigmentation, scars, etc. Shudder to think what my skin looks like in that light.

I went to Trader Joe's today and I noticed a lot of people there had acne, people like me in their 20's. I knew I always felt comfortable at Trader Joe's for some reason :wub: So if you want to find people with acne, try health food stores :lol: I would also think we acne people would tend to avoid such superficial and social locations like the mall. I know when I have to go I usually go early to avoid the masses :shrug: You'll probably also find us at libraries, music/movie/bookstores...or in our homes posting on acne.org instead of being outside amongst people :D

I think those have acne have more chance to learn to be an expert in makeup. Even for men. :) I guess that's why..

Great thread!

I shopped with a buddy yesterday and she made a comment about a woman that walked into the deli we were eating at. "Look at how much blush she has on! Good gawd," my friend said. I took a look and noticed the lady had rosacea - the redness was on both upper cheeks, across her nose, and she had mostly concealed it on her chin. I felt like a smarty pants after informing my acne-free pal.

After coming to this board more often, I'm noticing more and more people with acne. Some just conceal it better than others.

Ooh! One last thing that I thought was kinda nifty. I was watching the last part of Bridget Jones 2 yesterday on the HDtv. I was sitting close to the tv and could see every pore on the actors and actresses. A lot of them had comedones and when the camera got close shots, you can even spot concealer!! I was like WOOHOO!! Hehe.

I agree, I very rarely see people with acne. Maybe some people with one or two spots but no one who seems to suffer from it to a severe extent. Makes me feel like a freak.

Same here.

The only person i've seen in the last 6 months with acne was my cousin who's four years younger then I am.

I don't know but everywhere I go I see more and more people with acne, specially adults!

I feel it's becoming a plague!! haha at least I don't feel I am the only one

the only place i seem to see people with Acne is when i'm riding the London Underground; the lighting there is very unforgiving and you can really see that a lot of people there have quite bad skin, whether it's acne, pigmentation, scars, etc. Shudder to think what my skin looks like in that light.