Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tttnjfttt

swelling around my eyes

I've got a question. I used the regimen a few years ago, and saw a dramatic improvement. Over time, things got better, so i stopped, and only used BP when needed. I eventually ran out of everything but cleanser, and as expected, things got worse. Before, I never had any problems once I my skin adapted to the BP, but now I am concerned. Around my eyes seem very puffy and swollen, especially my upper eye lids. After aplying everything, my skin stings for over an hour, something that has never happened before. My face is redder than normal too. I'm trying to figure out if this is an allergy or just irritation from me starting up again too fast.

Currently I am using - I am using all of Dan's products, and all new bottles. I know there have been a few changes to the BP and cleanser, and the lotion is completely new to me. I read the labels and saw no products that I have a known allergy to, but at the same time, I know I have developed at least two new serious allergies in the past year, so a new allergy is very possible.

Any advice?

Eeek! Either you used way too much BP, or you're allergic. The swelling of the eyelids suggests the latter to me. How much did you use? To be safe, discontinue use for a few days, and instead just apply a dab of BP to a test patch of skin behind your ears a few times a day and monitor the skin there.

I started using 1 pump of BP (up until 3 months ago when I would apply it only when things got bad, I would usually use half the recomended amount, no problems). But right now, I have only applied everything a total of 2 times. I'll do a spot test on my forearms (right arm BP, left arm moisturizer) to see if anything happens. Hopefully its just from starting too fast, or the moisturizer. I really don't want to have to see a dermatologist over this, and get put on antibiotics like I was in back in highschool and college.

Thanks for the advice!

why are your eyelids getting inflamed? are you rubbing BP all over your face like a lotion? BP shouldn't come anywhere near your eyes (including the skin under your eyes and under your eyebrows (i.e. your eye lids).

Whenever BP gets to the skin around my eyes I get some inflammation (especially if I have a blemish in the area) but I just cut back on BP for an evening and it usually calms down by the morning.

Strangely I had a similar experience. I switched brands of BP and the problem went away. Whenever I used Dan's BP my whole face would be sore and I'd have that problem with my eyes, almost felt like they were grazed.

I figured it's one of the other ingredients, as I am not allergic to other brands of BP.

Whatever you choose to do, ensure you keep it well away from your eyes. In the night might be a problem, if you rub your face and then your eyes.

I'm starting to think it may be the lotion, not the BP. I did a test on my arm, and while it did not get red and swollen, it did sting. This morning, I tried to start again. The BP felt fine, and 10 minutes alter when i put on the lotion, it started to sting (I am using 1/4 of what I had been using).