Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genius/GZA

GZA's Regimen Log

Alrighty, my name is *cough* GZA *cough* and I'm hoping, like many, for clear skin. Tonight I will be starting a regimen and my target is clear skin by August 2008.

Background:

I'm 16 right now and I've had acne since about the 7th grade. It started out on my forehead, but as I got older it went down my face (forehead, temples, cheeks, now it's on my chin/neck :wall:). My doctor (jokingly) told me it was "gravity" lol.

Previous Products:

Proactiv - waste of my money, congrats to those who receive amazing results from it

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash - Too drying, excema on hands and neck

St.Ives Apricot Scrub (Blemish Control) - Did nothing at all

DIM - Acne has progressively gotten worse (one month use)

New Daily Regimen: - as of 3/29/2008

Kiss My Face: Olive Oil / Green Tea Soap

NuCelle: Mandelic Serum 10%

Clean & Clear: Dual Action Moisturizer (until I find a better one)

Nutrition wise:

Rooibos Tea

2 Liters of water

No sweets

No carbonated beverages

and watching what I eat

New Daily Regimen 2: - as of 6/4/2008

Kiss My Face: Olive Oil / Green Tea Soap

JoJoba Oil for Moisturizer

NuCelle: Mandelic Serum 10%

Vita-K for Blotchy Skin (redmarks)

Nutrition wise:

I'm kind of eating some bad stuff every now and then, but I'm watching myself most of the time and drinking lots of water!

Wish me luck!

Wow, it's already been a month? Well, this is like Day 30 or something, I'm not sure. I have to leave in about five minutes so I'll make it short lol. Basically, my entire face/neck is 95% clear, with only redmarks remaining. This has done wonders.

And I forgot to mention that I'm not using any type of moisturizer for a while now, and I don't drink rooibos tea much anymore, I haven't used moisturizer in about 20 days, and I haven't had tea in about 15 days.

It's been about two months! I actually broke out recently, I'm pretty sure it's because I tried Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for the first time. My skin is so dry and flaky nowadays! But today I purchased Jojoba Oil for moisturizing and Vita-K Solution (Blotchy Skin) for my redmarks. I've used the Jojoba Oil and it takes my dryness and flakiness away, and I just put on some Vita-K, I hope it doesn't break me out cause I'm hoping to get rid of these redmarks :wacko:

Alrighty, well I haven't been using the Vita-K at all lol. So I'll have to wait a while until I give you an update on that... but I have a job at Mrs. Field's Cookies... so I've been giving in to some free snacks and treats! Yum! Anyways, I got about four pimples that came up recently, I should be able to pop two of them tomorrow, the others (at the very edge of my jaw by my ears, one on each side) have just disappeared. This Jojoba Oil is wonderful, makes me moisturized and not visibly flaky!

Edit: started using Vita-K on July 2nd, 2008

Vita-K is not breaking me out. Right now I'm 99% clear. Anyways, if you have a question about my regimen, please go ahead and post a reply!

So it's been a while yeah?

- I stopped using NuCelle, switched to MaMa and stopped using that.

- I am currently not on any type of anti-acne regimen.

- I am lazy with my diet lol, but still no soda, sweets here and there.

- Not taking vitamins religiously

- Still drinking Rooibos tea a lot

I have small spots of acne... not clear as I used to be. I'd say I went from 99% clear to 50% clear. I did not want to deal with the flakiness that MaMa and NuCelle provided, not to mention the high costs of those products. It's frustrating with acne, but we'll see how it plays out.