Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pedroal3xandre

Acutane question...Thinking in rising myself the 30mg dose...

Hi people! I need some good advices on this.

I am on day 61 from Acuttane... i am with 30mg fom the begining, skin is just as i started.

Two days ago i went to see my 28 years old dermatologist and he told me to continue around 30mg until the 4th/5th month(he didnt precise it!),"then we will think in rising your dose" and on the 7th month we stop. So... i am starting to feel a bit ansious about this...cause i see every people rising their dose up to 60mg or 90mg...and i will make my treatment only around 30mg?.. Its strange for me...I dont want to pass all this and not having enough results and having to repeat a course...

I am thinking in rising my dose to a least 40mg/day.

Am i doing too wrong on this?

Ouh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm taking currently 30mg and end of month 5 I'm gonna see my derm again. Only difference against you is I've seen some results. I think you should ask your derm about that 'cause if you didn't have any bad side effects you can take some more.

Thanks guys. I think i will rise it to 40mg. I have enough prescriptions to rise it a bit.

It's a fact that i don't have any side effects beside the dry lips so i guess it won't make me bad. And the blood test was ok...

Thanks guys. I think i will rise it to 40mg. I have enough prescriptions to rise it a bit.

It's a fact that i don't have any side effects beside the dry lips so i guess it won't make me bad. And the blood test was ok...

It's wiser to ask your doctor about Accutane dosages, not people on a message board.

Dose is kept low for a reason, would you rather have perminent side effects or have to go through the MINOR hassle of going on a second course?

Trust me keep your dose low and avoid the permanent side effects, PLEASE!!

Dose is kept low for a reason, would you rather have perminent side effects or have to go through the MINOR hassle of going on a second course?

Trust me keep your dose low and avoid the permanent side effects, PLEASE!!