Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexGF

do you exercise at all?

I never was a gym goer or sport player.. I really sucked at soccer.. I could not last playing longer than 5 mins... yeah pretty bad I preferred staying home and play video games... I'm sure that if I was more active.. at least my acne wouldn't be as bad as it was/is now...

I never was a gym goer or sport player.. I really sucked at soccer.. I could not last playing longer than 5 mins... yeah pretty bad I preferred staying home and play video games... I'm sure that if I was more active.. at least my acne wouldn't be as bad as it was/is now...

I was living pretty sedentary until I became interested in becoming holistically healthier...really you can't do that until you start getting active.

Nope honestly I was lazy unless you count the times when I was in school and going to physical education classes outside of that i didn't really do much. ALthough last year I ran and the year before that I ran a lot. But my acne was still pretty much shitty. My cousin who smokes and is lazy as hell and barely even MOVES and eats junk food like a garbage can disposal has MUCH beter skin than I do. Go figure. I guess it also depends on the person. Although honestly exercise is good for you, but whether it can actually HELP your acne is another story possibly but more depenant on the person. I have another cousin who actually was active and stuff his acne was even more shittier than my lazy cousin who is very unhealthy.

Nope honestly I was lazy unless you count the times when I was in school and going to physical education classes outside of that i didn't really do much. ALthough last year I ran and the year before that I ran a lot. But my acne was still pretty much shitty. My cousin who smokes and is lazy as hell and barely even MOVES and eats junk food like a garbage can disposal has MUCH beter skin than I do. Go figure. I guess it also depends on the person. Although honestly exercise is good for you, but whether it can actually HELP your acne is another story possibly but more depenant on the person. I have another cousin who actually was active and stuff his acne was even more shittier than my lazy cousin who is very unhealthy.

Yeah I agree, it feels good too well, my MAIN from of exercise which is easy don't need to bring anything don't have to count on anyone is running. Of course running with someone is much more fun, beats to be with someone than be alone no? I did track and field for half a year my acne got progressively worst most likely linked with diet, I have to say though I felt HAPPIER, and I always feel much more relaxed and not understress when I run and sometimes I even laugh and sorta forget about my acne. It does help with stress and being more happy though and obviously it helps burn your fat and bad toxins but I have to say even when I ran like crazy my acne was much worse than when I didn't do anything, so that's why I know it's good for you healthwise and possibly acnewise but probably more to do with your diet. I mean it is what fuels our body and if we put crap into it we get crap back no? Bottom line we all should exercise, but as to whether you'll get better or worse, funny thing is another of my cousins who stays home and does nothing a lot also has much better condition, gets maybe one or two zits. Of course my cousin is a girl so I don't know if that has anything to do with it probably not. She's just lucky I guess.

btw how bad is your acne alex?

Played varsity basketball and baseball during high shool. That's when I did not treat my acne at all and that was when it was at its worst. The exercise did not really help. Topicals worked fairly well, but only diet and not irritating my skin got me clear.

YES!

Jan. of 2005, I start freshman lacrosse practice.

Practices went from 6PM -8:30PM, on top of eating horribly, AND waking up around 3:45a - 4:30a every weekday...

By mid-march I was unbelievable broken out. When I remember it, it was utterly disastrous. Sophomore year it wasn't as bad, but Senior year now, I'm almost clear.

eh not really I walk the dog sometimes, and im still skinn as fck I need to put on 5 kgs I was 48kgs now I'm 54 I'm getting there.

I played soccer and did lots of physical activities but I doubt it effected my acne.

But that was in the past and now I barely have enough self esteem to leave the house. I get as much exercise as a rock.

use to play soccer play footy also go jogging, ride a bike, spar with mates also did karate for three and a half years looking to start jui-jitsu soon

Exercise is probably a great way of shifting acne due to the chemical changes it creates in your body - possibly a reason why mine persists, eh? I eat well, treat my skin well and try to have a positive attitude, but I do very little exercise - although I have regular sex. ;) Is that enough?

When my acne was first kicking in I was a competitive swimmer doing more exercise than I can even conceive of doing now!!!!

It didn't prevent me from getting acne, and it still got progressively worse as I got older.

These days I am back on dianette and am trying to follow the regime (started yesterday, lol), so my acne is mild to moderate.

I love sports, but I have big dips in energy, so I'll go to running between 5 hours a week, to no hours a week!!

I always feel better for running. All them endorphins. I also think it helps you sweat out some of the crap so gets your skin in better condition providing you cleanse properly afterwards.

for those who said exercise didn't help them.. what if your diet itself was causing negative effecst.. you can still exercise but if you eat like shit, obviously it won't help. so I believe that a good acne free diet plus exercise will clear you up. and yes there are lots of people who eats unhealthy and don't exercise don't have acne, I believe it's because they have different genetics and that plays an important role. us, who have acne we have to work harder.

I never exercised when I first started getting acne. But I've been exercising a lot lately and I think it's helping.

I was playing Field Hockey 3 years back for about 4 years but I'm not that sporty person, before that, I took part in various sports though. After that onward, I stopped getting active in outdoor sports and began just doing my own little exercise at home once in a while. My acne started a year ago when I became busy with things like project works and neglected my health and all.

I dunno but coincidentally I started exercising everyday when i got concerned because my acne just suddenly flared up. I thought it was the glycolic acid cream i was using so i became all hollistic and paranoid. It only got worse.

I don't know if it's the exercise or the GC acid. I think it's the glyclolic acid. I'm allergic or something. Destroyed my skin. literally.

fuckin derm. But exercise is good. It makes me feel good.