Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ligyron

Did research, still not sure if I have rosacea

Here's the rundown

When I get up in the morning, my face is slightly oily. After I take a shower and dry off, my forehead and the area around my mouth gets dry and flaky. I usually just splash my face with water since I found that I develop painful red bumps if I use a moisturizer. As the day goes on, my forehead gets oily and I can rub my finger across it and the oil will come off on my finger and make it shiny. Acne on my face comes and goes, typically have 5 pimples at a time

My face skin tone is typically red and uneven and cuts off at my neck. My neck seems to be a different skin type, even toned, like the rest of my body (except my shoulders, they are also red and have acne)

In the sun, my face doesn't really tan. I just go from different shades of red. However, my neck and the rest of my body will tan to brown like normal

Here's the rundown

When I get up in the morning, my face is slightly oily. After I take a shower and dry off, my forehead and the area around my mouth gets dry and flaky. I usually just splash my face with water since I found that I develop painful red bumps if I use a moisturizer. As the day goes on, my forehead gets oily and I can rub my finger across it and the oil will come off on my finger and make it shiny. Acne on my face comes and goes, typically have 5 pimples at a time

My face skin tone is typically red and uneven and cuts off at my neck. My neck seems to be a different skin type, even toned, like the rest of my body (except my shoulders, they are also red and have acne)

In the sun, my face doesn't really tan. I just go from different shades of red. However, my neck and the rest of my body will tan to brown like normal

I'm the same way and my doctor did indeed say that I have rosacea, the dryness and pimples are all associated with having rosacea which I never knew, I always thought it was just a mild case of acne.