Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

St. Ives Apricot Scrub for oily/acne prone skin

I plan to try this scrub, maybe twice a week. It has 2% Salicylic Acid. Since SA increases the skin's sensitivity to the sun, do I have to use a sunscreen? Or Should I get The Invigorating Apricot Scrub which doesnt have SA.

What is your experience with both the products? I've read that it can be harsh, but I've also read many good reviews on the drugstore.com site.

I plan to try this scrub, maybe twice a week. It has 2% Salicylic Acid. Since SA increases the skin's sensitivity to the sun, do I have to use a sunscreen? Or Should I get The Invigorating Apricot Scrub which doesnt have SA.

What is your experience with both the products? I've read that it can be harsh, but I've also read many good reviews on the drugstore.com site.

ive had great success with it as far as oil removal and decreasing overall blemishes. but i found that oil still manages to over produce throughout the day if used in the mornings.

ive had best success with st ives oatmeal and shea butter body wash for my entire body + face as far as oil control goes.

I've used St. Ives scrub before and it didn't seem to increase my skin's sensitivity to the sun but that aside it's recommended you use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15+ everyday to protect your skin....Here is a link to the skin cancer website that explains preventative measures you can take to protect your skin...

http://www.skincancer.org/sunscreen/sunscr...-explained.html

hope that helps you.

Thanks but I dont wish to use a sunscreen. I dont spend an awful amount under the sun... maybe 20-30 mins per day. And only around 10 mins under direct sunlight.