Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I have a burning question about BP's effects and figured this was the best place to get an answer.

For the most part, BP clears up my skin colored bumps (closed comedones) and very, very small inflamed pimples, BUT it gives me giant pimples and cysts. If I use glycolic or salicylic acid, I will still have tons of closed comedones and quite a few very, very small inflamed pimples, BUT very, very rarely will I get have a big pimple (max, one or two a month). Also, if I don't use anything on my face I won't get the huge pimples either.

As an example, the other day, I began using BP again and within 4 or 5 days I got about 10 huge painful bumps on my cheeks (I hadn't had huge pimples like these in months in this area). By the way, the huge zits keep coming even after months of BP use.

Isn't BP supposed to take care of the big inflamed pimples? How is it possible that it gives me these then?

BP does not give me cysts. Dries up my cysts faster than usual though. It could be just an initial breakout.

Thanks for your replies guys. It seems that it depends on the person, whether or not it gives you cysts. I looked up some other posts here and reviews on BP products on other sites and there were several people that complained about BP giving them cysts, even in places where they never broke out. I've decided to try ChristineM's regimen, as she had the same problem as me with BP. Here's the link:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&hl=vinegar

Every product is that way. It depends how your skin reacts to it. So the probability of the product working is relative. Good luck with your new regimen.

Darn! It's no wonder when I used bp almost all small zits r gone. But I will get a few(less than 10) big acne. Yes!, BIG ones only...

My very first experience with BP was Pro-Activ, and I did get cysts - but once I started using Dan's BP, they went away. And don't beat yourself up - there's really no such thing as "too old" for acne. I'll be 27 and I'm still dealing with it!

I got cysts with ProActiv too. Other brands of BP have been fine though. I guess it depends on the formula of the product.

I think if you use too strong of a % BP or if you use too much for your skin type, you skin could get irritated and that may cause the start of cysts.

I'm 36 and still dealing with it. But now I'm pretty much clear. When I started Dan's regimen I almost quit. I think it was 4 months before I got used to the bp (my face is very sensative) and saw consistent results.